"What the HELL do you think you're doing!?"

"D-Do you really mean that Sherlock?" asked Angelique. Sherlock just smiled and gave a small nod. Almost like he was to embarrassed to say it again. Angelique felt like her heart was going to leap out of her rib cage.  'He...loves me? He loves me!'

Angelique moved to take his hands in hers, the tremors in her right hand still ever present. "Well, Sherlock, to tell you the truth.....I have fallen for you as well." Sherlock's eyes brightened when she said that. He had never expected to fall for her, let alone for her to return those feelings. She wrapped her arms around Sherlock's neck and his around her waist.

And for a few moments, they simply sat in each other's embrace. Feeling the other's heartbeat with their own.

Sherlock looked down at Angelique and asked, "Angel, How is it that you fell for me when you're the one with wings?" Angelique looked up at him puzzled. "Wings? What on earth are you talking about? Last time I checked, I don't have wings." Sherlock smiled down at the girl in his arms. He leaned down and whispered in her ear. "Yes you do, love. It says so in your name. Angelique, my Guardian Angel." he said.

Her cheeks grew a shade darker and a shiver ran down her spine.  The detective gazed into Angelique's eyes and brought his lips closer to her's. They were so close to their first kiss when, "What the HELL do you think you're doing!?" screamed John.

The two were so caught up in the moment that they didn't even hear John come home. Angelique looked at John to see that his eyes were red and puffy. "John, have you been crying?"

"Yes. Yes, I have Angel. And do you know why? The family that was in a traffic accident, the father died and the mother may never walk again. Now you try explaining to those children that daddy won't be coming home and mummy can't walk. I almost couldn't do it. So I just wanted to come home and have a quiet, uneventful evening. But no! I come home to see that my little sister and my best friend are SNOGGING IN THE BLOODY SITTING ROOM!"

"John, please try to understand. I just-"

"You just what Sherlock? Saw an innocent girl and just couldn't help yourself!"

"That's not it at all. I-"

"You just what? What is your valid reason for snogging my sister?"

"Because I love her!"

Everyone went silent, not even Mrs. Hudson downstairs dared to make a noise. Sherlock cleared his throat and straightened his back. "Now, if you will excuse me," said Sherlock, "I need to get some rest. If you don't recall, I have court tomorrow as a witness for Moriarty's trial. Goodnight Angel, John." He turned and went into his room slamming the door as he did so.

"Well, that's taken care of." signed John. "No, no its not." said Angelique. "What?" retorted John. "I said its not over. Why must you always do this, John? I can make my own decisions you know!"

"Yes, I know that. But he is a bad decision. You don't know him like I do. He's reckless, he's dangerous-"

"And that's what I love about him, John. Don't you see that." she interrupted.

John stared at her for a moment. 'What does she see in him? As a friend, you couldn't ask for a better one. But a boyfriend? Or even lover? No chance. Especially not with my sister.'

"I'm going to bed." he finally said. "Wait, so that's it? You're just gonna go to bed like nothing ever happened? John Hamish Watson, you get back here right now! John!" But John ignored her and went on to his room. "Fine! Just go then!" She screamed, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Angelique went to the door of Sherlock's room and lightly knocked. "Sherlock? Its me. C-Can I come in?" She heard a faint 'yes' in reply and slowly pushed the door open. Sherlock was laying on his back with his arm draped over his eyes. Angelique sat on the edge of the bed.

"What's wrong, love? Is it about John? Don't worry about him. He'll get over it." she said. "Does he always treat you like that? A child?" said Sherlock, still laying motionless on the bed.

"No, but he has always be protective of me. You see, when we were little, father would hit us. And he always protected me, so his beatings were doubled. And you were right. Father did try to kill me. That's how I got this scar on my jaw. But fortunately, he was drunk and couldn't tell where he was cutting. John and I manages to get away and call the police. Enough about me. Tell me about you."

"There isn't much to know." he replied, lifting up his arm so he could see her. Angelique smiled and lay down next to him. "I can see there's more to tell then that." she said. Sherlock just smiled and cupped her cheek with his hand, gently stroking her face with is thumb.

"Alright fine. But where do I start?"

"How about the beginning?" she joked. "Yes the beginning." he said softly. As Angelique lay next to him listening to his story, she slowly drifted of to sleep.