V.

The newly discovered siblings walked into a field of flowers, side by side. Ash stopped a couple times to pick flowers, because she never got the luxury of seeing such flowers. The sun shone brightly and butterflies flew about, making Ash feel at peace. She had never felt so overjoyed, loving the feeling of the warm sun on her skin. It was usually raining or cloudy back home.

"So, how is Mum? I haven't seen her in a while," Hugh asked her.

 "She is fine. I wish she would've came here with me. She had gotten overwhelmed with the farm, it only being me with her, not having a man in the house. So I suppose that is why she left me here," Ash replied, sighing.

 "At least she is healthy and safe," Hugh said.

"Yeah."

 There was a moment of silence between them. She felt uncomfortable. Not just because of being with her brother she just met, but because she was in a completely different world. So close to the one she had always known, yet so different. Different people that brought different colors into Ash's mind. Such a thing as peculiarities was even more uncomforting. 

"What is your peculiarity exactly?" Ash asked him. He opened his mouth, letting a bee fly out and sit upon his tongue.

 "I command and protect bees that live in my stomach. I have no clue how that works out, but somehow it does. What is yours?"

As much as Ash wanted to know, she had no clue. She hadn't had the time to give it any thought yet. It couldn't be something external or obvious, seeing she didn't have a mouth on the back of my head, nor was she invisible. 

"Well...I don't actually know yet. I wish I could tell you, but it obviously is nothing extraordinary," Ash said, looking a little glum. 

"Well, you can't say that. Things you don't know about could always be extraordinary, like Emma or Fiona. You wouldn't know just by looking at them that Emma can create fire and Fiona is able to grow plants."

Ash nodded, knowing he was right. 

"Was Fiona the girl you were with?" Ash asked looking up at him for a reply.

 "Yeah," He said, looking away from Ash, his cheeks turning slightly pink.

"Is there something between you two?" Ash asked, trying to suppress a smile with a questioning brow. Hugh said nothing, but looked down and nodded.

 "Awwww! That's sweet," Ash gushed, smiling widely at him. 

"Oh hush," He said, shoving her, though he smiled as well. 

 "Off of the subject of me, what about you?" Hugh said.

"I wouldn't know what to say. How about we just ask questions?" Ash suggested, since that was the best way to get to know someone quick. 

"Okay, sure. Uh," Hugh began. "What's your full name? I'm Hugh James Apiston."

"Lovely name," Ash said. "I'm Ashnar Rose Apiston."

Hugh nodded with scrunched eyebrows. He wondered why Mum would ever choose such a strange name.

"But just call me Ash. Now, how old are you?" Ash questioned.

 "I am 17. Almost 18."

Alright, so he is only a few years older than me. And a couple feet taller.

"I just turned 15." Hugh looked at Ash and smiled.

 "When is your birthday?" He asked. 

"February 14th, 1954."