VII.

Ash couldn't fall asleep, so she decided to go downstairs to investigate the house. She only now felt comfortable looking at it, since no one was there to judge her. She slipped out from her warm covers, her foot retracting from the floor as she heard Emma release soft snores. The door creaked when she opened it, so she opened it slower, slipping through and softly closing it.

She started feeling shaking from hardly breathing as she descended down the stairs. She tiptoed past the dining room, and walked down the hall to a library. She found a window seat, near a shelf full of books, hiding her from the doorway. The moonlight shone ever so bright, it instantly calmed Ash's breathing to normal. The moon and stars had always been something she loved seeing, because it was something she hardly saw. 

Ash had gotten bored, and decided that choosing a book would be pointless because she wouldn't be able to focus, so she just sat there staring into the moon. Soon her mind drifted, and she started softly singing a song her mother had sang one day while they were working. 

In his room, Enoch sat on his bed, tapping his foot anxiously. He was in the middle of making a new homonculus when his thoughts invaded his mind, Mentally corrupted when he saw Ash, he felt angered at her and her mother. 

Where was Eliza now? How did Ashnar get here? Why did she come?

 He got so infuriated with his thoughts that he accidentally snapped the head off of the doll. Enoch knew he wouldn't sleep tonight, his head wouldn't allow it. It didn't matter to him though, he hardly slept anyways. 

He sat cursing God for sending the child of Elizabeth, it was worse that Ash is a girl, who looks exactly like her. Elizabeth was the only person that didn't make Enoch completely annoyed, but then she left him. Everyone he had felt something for left, or died. And everyone wonders why he hated humanity.  

Enoch heard a soft voice singing downstairs, shaking him from his pouting. 

Has someone left the radio on?

Walking carefully out of his room, Enoch started downstairs to see what it was. Every step he took, the voice got clearer. He traveled down the hallway and walked into the library, finding the source of the voice. 

Ashnar, sat behind a bookshelf looking up into the moon, as if she was singing to it. She looked depressed, the way she sat hugging her knees and leaning her head against the wall. 

"Mama, come here,"  She sang, her eyes wandering over the sky.

"Approach, appear

Daddy, I'm alone

Cause this house don't feel like home

But if you love me, don't let go

If you love me, don't let go

Hold,

Hold on to me

Cause I'm a little unsteady, a little unsteady"

"You shouldn't be up. Bird might catch you," Enoch interrupted. Ash jumped at the sound of his voice, turning to him with frightened eyes. She shifted in the seat to move away from him. Ash quite honestly was terrified of Enoch.

"I thought you didn't like me," she whispered, cocking her head to the side. Enoch leaned against the door frame.

 "When did I say I did?" 

She stood up and stretched from her seat by the window and shrugged, brushing past Enoch as she walked out of the library. 

"You sounded nice," Enoch hesitated before saying.

  Damn it

She stopped in her tracks and Enoch saw a smile creep across her face as she continued her journey up the stairs.