The Outfit

Twilight's POV

I trotted off to Ponyville to see my friends. I arrived at Carousel Boutique which was Rarity's home. I knocked on the door before taking a few steps in to find a busy Rarity. "Why hello, darling," she greeted. "What are you doing on this fine day?" she continued sewing some fabric. "I'm her to ask-" I started but got cut off by her. "Opal, would you please be a dear and fetch me some of those sequins?" She asked her sleepy persian.  It got up and hiss before getting back into the position it was in before.

"I understand Opal," she sighed before proceeding to her cupboard of sequins, beads, yarns and many other decorative items which were conveniently placed in a category of colours. "Rarity?" Twilight called as Rarity searched for the sequins.

"Oxford blue, prussian blue, midnight blue, navy blue, indigo, zaffre blue, sapphire blue..." she went on and on until she finally found a container filled with sky blue sequins.

"There you are!" she snatched them before returning back to her sewing area.

"R...Rarity?" I called once again. "Yes darling?" she asked. "Do you think you can help me by joining me on a journey to Everfree Forest?" I asked.

"What did you say, darling? Sorry, I didn't hear you," she apologised. "Do you think you can help me by joining me on a journey to Everfree forest?" I repeated just a little bit more louder.

"Oh I'm so sorry darling. I'm just oh so busy! You won't believe it!" she exclaimed as she posed dramatically. "It's alright, Rarity. I'll just go ask the others," I went off. "Wait!" she yelled. "Why don't you take on of my dresses with you!" She pointed to an area where she kept her prize possessions. "Really!?" I asked. "Of course, darling. Just head over there. Now if you excuse me I have to make an outstanding dress," she nodded before proceeding to sew her dress.

I stared in awe. She was offering me a dress free of charge. Sure she always does this for me but, the dresses she's selling cause so many bits and she's offering me one of the most expensive dresses in town. But...

Everything looks too fancy. I don't think I should wear them to Everfree Forest. I kept on searching to find the perfect outfit.

I didn't take too long for me to find it. The outfit was made out of stretchable material. It was a dark shade of violet and indigo. The dress drowned in sparkles.

I wore it and looked at myself. I flapped my wings. They were wrapped by glass. Atleast, it seemed to be. The dress wrapped around my body. It was so comfortable I rushed out to see a Rarity sweating and panicking. "Rarity?" I called. "Why hello-" she greeted before tumbling to the ground. "You look gorgeous darling!" she complemented. "I'm very busy darling. So if you wouldn't mind, would you please go?" she asked. "Sure, Rarity!" I said making my way out of her house. "Remember not to damage my outfit! Be careful!" She yelled from afar as I galloped to Sweet Apple Acres. As I did, I saw somepony among the bushes.

Odd...