Cupcakes And Apples

Twilight's POV

I stopped in my tracks as I saw Applejack bucking an apple tree with her younger sister Applebloom.

"Hey, AJ," I greeted. "Why howdy, Twi. It's nice to see ya," she greeted. "Howdy, Twilight!" Applebloom followed.

"What brings ya here today?" AJ asked before bucking another tree. "Well, you see I was hoping you could accompany me at Everfree Forest," I replied. "Wait a sec! At Everfree Forest?" she asked. "Yes," I answered.

"Sorry, sugarcube. I just can't," she apologised. "Why not?" I asked slightly upset.

It would be nice if she came. Her strength would help a lot. "I have to buck the the whole orchard today since there's an apple orchard competition or somethin'. The prize is a whole new orchard. Can ya believe it?" she asked as she continued to buck the next tree in line.

Her sister got the apples and placed them in a wheel barrow. "But ya can have some apples. We have apple cider and apple pies," she stated. "Sure. That'll be nice," I responded. "Applebloom, do you mind helping Twi here get some apples from the kitchen?" she asked. "Sure, sis!" she nodded before leading me to their kitchen.

The kitchen was brown with red and green decorations all over it. It looked old fashioned. There was some food served on the dining table.

"So what would ya like?" Applebloom rested her hoof on the table. "Well, I hate to be a bother so maybe just an apple or two," I answered.

"Nah. You're not being a bother. Ah'll just go get some cider and apples," she informed me.

"Here ya go, Twi!" she placed 4 apples, 3 bottles of apple cider and an apple pie. "Are you sure I should take all of this? It's just too much," I asked. "Too much? If ya ask me that's too little especially if you're bringing somepony with ya."

"Thanks Applebloom," I smiled before I galloped to Sugarcube Corner to see Pinkie Pie.

"Hey Pinkie," I greeted. She didn't answer. "Pinkie?" I called. "Yes Twili-" she accidently dropped her mixing bowl. "Opsy doopsy," she said picking up the pieces of ceramic that were scattered across the floor. "I'm so sorry Pinkie," I apologised helping the pink pony.

I asked her the same question after and got the same answer.

"Sorry, but we have a huge order! Mr.s Cake wouldn't even let me go to a party!" she whined before making a fresh new better. "But I'll be happy to get some cupcakes for you," she informed me. "Sure," I responded.

As if on cue, the oven made a noise. "The cupcakes are ready!" she rushed and snatched the tray of fresh, delicious cupcakes. "They smell nice," I sniffed them. "Well duhhh! They're my cupcakes!" she boasted.

She placed a few into a small wooden basket. "Here ya go! Take good care of them!" Pinkie waved before continuing to bake her cake.