Gentlecolt

Twilight's POV

Rainbow Dash's house was quite far away but it was worth it. With her speed, she could fly through Everfree Forest in a minute.

I soon arrived at Cloudsdale. "Dash!" I called. Not too long after, she soared towards my direction. "What's up?" she asked with a pair of sunglasses over her head.

Again, I repeated everything and got the same answer.

"Sorry twi," she apologised."Why?"

"Just can't," she answered before she zipped through the blue sky. "Dash!" I called. "DASH!" I repeated even louder.

"Why does everypony keep avoiding me?!" I kicked a rock and sighed.

Flash's POV

"Why does everypony keep avoiding me?!" the alicorn kicked a rock before sighing. She started to trot somewhere else.

Is she heading to Everfree Forest...by herself. She can't do that!

She stopped when she reached a treelike cottage. She knocked on the door.

After a while, the door creaked open revealing a shy pegasus. She was about to say something before Angel, her pet bunny hopped onto her head and pulled her carnation pink mane.

"Owww!" she cried before falling. "Are you alright, Flutter-" before Twilight could finish her sentence there was a loud sound.

It stopped but then it came back. Were those hoofsteps?

A bear appeared and growled. "I'm so sorry Twilight!" Fluttershy apologised. "I-" she started but got cut off by the sound of her door slamming.

That was rude. Twilight took a few steps before she sobbed. I hated seeing her sad. She looked in my direction when she heard a noise. I jumped into some rose bushes.

The torns impaled my skin. I bit my tongue so I could stop myself from screaming.

"Is somepony there?" she took a few steps towards me. "Show yourself!" she demanded, standing straight, trying to sound more like her idol. "That's an order!" she stated noticing that I was a royal guard due to my outfit.

I got out of the bushes with cuts and torns all over my body. "F...Flash," she stuttered. "What?"

"I can explain!" I exclaimed. "You look hurt," she stared at my wounds. "Mind if I...you kmow...treat you?" she asked before blushing. "Is fine if you don't want to," she kept blushing. "I'll be honoured," I bowed before giggling.

She giggled back. We started walking back to the castle. It was hard to walk due to the wounds but I managed. The whole journey was silent until I decided to speak.

"Nice outfit," I complimented. "Thanks," she thanked.

"I'm guessing one of your friends made it," I tried to start a conversation. "Yes, actually. She's very good at dress making. I bet she can make one in an hour," she giggled at the end of her sentence.

I loved the sound of her laughter but mostly I loved her smile.

Finally, we reached the Canterlot Castle. "Mares first," I let her enter the gigantic castle first. She giggled before saying, "What a gentlecolt," in a playful way. A what-did-I-just-say face appeared on her face.

Did she just call me...

I stood still with shock before she called me.

I shyly followed her. I just noticed but my outfit felt uncomfortable. Wait...there's something stuck in it...

A rose?