Chapter 22

**A/N: Closest golden color I could find that was not too yellow, imagine the eyes to be blue and NOT red!! **

**A/N: What we've all been waiting for. :D **

"Ahhhhh!" I scream in pain as my body catches fire.

"Milo!" Blaiz hollers as I roll off his lap.

My body burns so badly that I swear I am about to burst into flames. I whimper as another loud crack sounds through the trees. A wail leaves my lips as I roll on the grassy bed below me. My whole body burns and stings.

What is happening to me? I try to find Blaiz but I can't see past the tears streaming down my face. My head starts to pound so I move my hands up to hold it, only my back cracks again, and this time I feel it snap in half.

My jaw drops as the air rushes out of me. One after the other my bones start to snap. Loud cracks echo all around me. I can't get oxygen back into my lungs because I am too scared. Does this happen to everyone after they mate? It must not because Blaiz seemed fine when I could see him.

"Milo," Blaiz's voice rings through my head. "Your shifting, don't fight it, baby,"

Shifting? I'm shifting? I can't shift though.

"Baby, don't fight it. The first shift always hurts, but after this shift it won't hurt as bad," Blaiz informs.

Another bone snaps in half so I do just as Blaiz advised. I let go.

Once I stop fighting the pain the heat completely immerses my body and every bone in my body seems to snap at once. I lay still for a moment as all the pain vanishes. But, as quickly as the pain leaves my body a new pain fills me to the core.

My body squirms as new bones form and shift. I can feel the sprout of fur on my skin before my whole body shifts and forms a new one. Suddenly, all the pain is gone and I can see clearly again.

The trees look somehow different though. They look sharper and more vibrant in color. The warm night air feels more crisp against my body. The air smells stronger and the one scent that seems to rush into my nose and be the only thing I can smell now is the strong scent of fresh rain in the forest.

My head snaps to the side to find Blaiz on his feet staring with wide eyes at me. His mouth moves like a fish out of water as he falls to his knees. I tilt my head to side in confusion at the odd way he is acting.

Did I shift wrong? Am I ugly? What is wrong?

"Y-you-you're beautiful, Milo," Blaiz stammers breathlessly. "Oh goddess," He runs a hand through his hair.

I get to my feet, which is really weird standing on all fours, and try to move towards him. I feel like a child learning to walk for the first time as I trip over my own feet and land flat on my face.

Blaiz chuckles as he moves on his knees the rest of the way to me. "Baby, your wolf is amazing,"

Then his hand brushes over the top of my head. His fingers run through my fur and a weird purring noise rumbles from my chest. I can somehow feel the hot mating sparks through all the thick fur.

"Milo, I've never seen such a wolf before," I look down at him since somehow, I am taller than him with him on his knees. I thought I would have a small wolf being an Omega. "Milo, your fur is golden,"

I look down as I raise a paw. Sure enough my paw is covered in bright golden fur. I've seen wolves with tan and yellowish fur, but never golden like this. I look back at Blaiz with wide eyes.