Chapter 7: A Lovely Day

Layers upon layers of snow pile up just outside your window. You stare longingly as the dim glow of the crescent moon cascades over the side of your face. Entranced by the outside world, you fail to hear Nina sneaking up on you.

"Watcha doin, boss?" You're a little bit startled at Nina's arrival, but you don't let it distract you from enjoying this magical moment.

"Looking at the snow." Nina presses her nose against the window, her hot breath causing condensation to form on the icy glass.

"I've never seen snow before." Nina's eyes remind of yours when your father took you to your first baseball game. Your thoughts trail off and you begin wondering about your parents and when they'll return. "Can we...go outside?" Nina asks, poking the glass with her index finger.

"Its pretty cold out there, Nina." Nina shakes her head and kisses you on the cheek before rushing outside and face planting into a pile of snow. You chuckle as Nina squirms within the mound of white fluff.

"Its not cold at all, boss." Nina stretches her arms and legs out and begins making a snow angel. You slide your arms through the holes in your jacket and fit a beanie around your noggin.

"Hey, loser." You feel a snowball strike you from behind. You turn on your heels and see Yoko, the white haired girl, with a grin on her face, tossing another snowball up into the air and catching it when it comes back down.

"Try me, Yoko." Yoko raises an eyebrow at your request. She chucks the snowball in your direction, you duck and it hits Nina in her face. Once again, Nina spins around and face plants into the snow.

You and Yoko can't help but laugh. Jezebel comes out a second later, her ears twitch as the breeze washes over her.

"What are you guys doing out-" A snowball hits Jezebel in her gut. Nina, with a look of sheer determination, dodges a snowball sent in retaliation from Jezebel.

"Oh shit!" Yoko fires two snowballs at your head, you roll into cover as Candy rushes out of the house and tackles you as soon as you pick your head up from cover.

"Bad word!" You spin around, Candy laughs as the war between Jezebel and Nina continues. All the while, Yoko is gearing up for when Candy tires out, leaving you without any defenses and open for an attack.

"Jezebel, help!" You throw Candy into the snow and she giggles. You and Jezebel go back to back, Nina and Yoko team up in order to annihilate both of you. Yoko hits you in the face, you trip and tug on Jezebel's scarf during the fall.

Jezebel falls onto your chest. Her cheeks grow red in embarrassment and you're left laughing to yourself about what an awkward situation your in. Luckily, Jezebel has the heart to laugh as well.

"You two lovebirds done yet?" Yoko asks, tossing a snowball back and forth. You get up and brush yourself off, Yoko then chucks the snowball at your face and before you know it, you're lying on your back again.

/////

The snowball war comes to an end and tensions die down as everyone rushes back inside. You and Jezebel make hot chocolate as Nina, Candy and Yoko congregate on the sofa. Nina pulls a bundle of blankets over her head like a hood.

"Need anymore, sweet pea?" Yoko mutters sarcastically. Nina shakes her head and face plants into the cushion, causing Yoko to burst out into a flurry of laughter.

"Drinks are ready." You and Jezebel carry the hot chocolate from the kitchen into the hands of the three other girls. Yoko begins chugging hers down immediately, while Nina concentrates on small sips. Candy waits for hers to cool down.