Lean on Me

*HARRY'S POV*

So today was the day, the day id go out for X-Factor. I stood backstage with Katie and my mum. I was holding Katie's hand so tight, she was biting her lip so she wouldnt scream. I found it sort of...hot when she bit her lip. Ive never found it attractive before, but something about when she did it made me feel like im the luckiest person in the world to have her. I dont think i have ever laughed so much with any other girl, she is something special.

"Just remember." Katie broke the nervouse silence i was holding, thank god too because i thought i was about to start crying. She looked up at me into my eyes. She had the most shimmering green eyes, and her skin was flawless. "Even though i have never heard you sing, be the best you can and dont be nervous. It will just make it all worse." I smiled and pecked her cheek.

"Yes mother." I said sarcastically.

"Whats that supposed to mean!?" my mum butted in. We all laughed untill the director told me i was next. Then the nerves kicked in. Big Time. I gave my mum a tight squeeze and Katie one last kiss, then i made my way out to the stage.

"Hello and whats your name?" Simon asked.

"Harry. Harry Styles."

"Okay Harry, and what will you be singing today?"

"Uhmm Isnt She Lovely by Stevie Wonder." Simon gave me the nod and the track began.

*KATIE'S POV*

Wow, Harry is great. Me and his mom stood behind the curtain listening and watching him. We swayed back and forth and laughed at his little curls bouncing up and down. She then got a call and it obviously was important because she gave me the "be right back' finger and backed out. I hope it was important, important enough to miss her own son's audition. I thought nothing of it, and continued smiling at the sound of Harry's angelic voice. 

The song finished and the judges were judging when his mom came running up to me, grabbing my shoulders. She spun me around and i saw she was crying, and wide-eyed.

"Oh my god Mrs. Styles! Whats wrong?" 

"I have to go."

"WHAT? And miss Harry's judging? What the heck?"

"Tell him to text me afterwards. And that it is an emergency. Just....Just be there for him, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah oka-" she ran off before i could finish.  Then i returned my attention to the stage where he was being told wether he as moving on or not.

*HARRY'S POV*

I cant believe i got voted no. They said i needed more experience. I walked off stage ready to fall into my mum's arms, but she wasnt there to catch me, just Katie. I stood there staring at her, i didnt hug her, just stared.

"Where...." I looked around, tears started to fill my eyes. Was i really not important enough for my own mother?

"She told me to tell you to text her A.S.A.P. And that she had to leave, it was an emergency." I pulled Katie tight into my body the second she finished her last word. I pulled her away and told her something i never thought i would ever say to someone i only met last week.

"Katie, from that first day we met when i plowed over you in the streets and sent your papers flying everywhere..." She laughed at the memory. I grabbed her hands and rubbed my thumbs across the tops of them. "...to when i ran into you at Selfridges and you loathed my existence. To our first date. I have had this dieyer feeling that, no matter how you treated me, i couldnt just let you go. Katie...I love you." Tears began filling her eyes as well. I pulled her in close and wrapped her arms around my neck. She smelled of apples and candy canes. I dont know why, but she did. I lay my chin on the top of her head, and she pressed her head to my chest.

"I love you too Harry. I..." she pulled away, but kept her arms around my neck,staring into my eyes. "Im sorry for how i treated you. When we first met, I practically threw you on the side and spit on you when you asked for a tea date. And-"

"No, stop. If it werent for you playing hard to get, id probably would have given up. But the way you didnt pounce on me for a date or my number, made me feel like you were...different. Different than all the other girls from school." She smiled and pressed back into my chest. 

A moment later she bounced back and hesitated.

"YO! Call your mom!" I quickly whipped out my cell and dialed mum's number. After the line rang on for about three minutes, she answered. 

"Harry! Howd it go?"

"I got no'd off but more importantly....where are you?"

*KATIE'S POV*

Harry shouted at his mother wondering where she was. He then fell silent and emotionless when she answered. I couldnt quite make out what she was saying, only faint mumbles from the phone.

"Oh.....Wow.....Love you too mum....Bye" He stood there still staring off into space as he placed his phone slowly back into his pocket.

"Harry! Whats going on?" i shouted. I didnt mean to shout, i was just worried.  Being that we have only known each other for a week, i havent seen him gloomy before. I didnt like it, his sad face was heart breaking.

"My uhh...My neighbor's house cought on fire. And it spread to my house." he sniffed and turned to me with a smile. "But the fire department got to it just in the nick of time. The only damage was the wash room. No biggie." I gasped in worry and pulled him close. We began walking out, hand-in-hand when a loud voice came from above.

"WILL LOUIS TOMLINSON, HARRY STYLES, NIALL HORAN,ZAYN MALIK AND LIAM PAYNE PLEASE REPORT BACK TO THE WAITING ROOM. THANK YOU."

 We both stopped and stared at the speaker on the ceiling. He looked at me and he was definetly as puzzled as i was.

"What the hell?" 

"I dont know...but GO!" i pushed him towards the waiting room. I continued out the door to the car to warm it up for him.