Chapter 6

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

Groaning I slam my hand down on my alarm and sleepily rub my eyes. I feel lighter this morning. Softer and feathery. Like I'm floating and no one can touch me or bring me down. I'm feeling ready to change my life around. Willing to change myself again, not for anyone else, but for me. And on me.

I get up and get dressed for school, in the bathroom I'm getting my hair ready and I'm wondering if I should dye my hair a different colour. Something unnatural or maybe natural. Don't know yet, but I'll definitely think about it. Looking at my watch I curse. I'm going to be late for school.

I race down the stairs as fast as I can lugging my bike down them and speed off to school on it. I arrive about 15 minutes late. I curse again and go to the office signing myself in sighing and asking for a late pass. I walk to my first period which is the first time I've attended it in a long while. I usually skip. I knock on the door then walk in.

"Uh, sorry, I'm late." I give the teacher my late pass and walk back to the back of the classroom in the corner grabbing the empty seat and continue on with my school day.

Although I do get a few more looks, I guess it's surprising I haven't skipped yet? Or maybe because I haven't sassed any of my teachers yet. Either way I don't care. I get lunch and actually eat it, and not just that, I sit inside the cafeteria. Not afraid of the noise, looks, or crowd. I work on make-up work or extra credit for my classes during lunch time.

I hum lightly on my way home happy. But suddenly I'm flying off my bike my backpack opening and going everywhere. And I hear a group laughing. I look up and see him. And a group behind him.

"Awwh. Is the little baby okay? I mean we all know you're a stripper and so you must be pregnant because you actually ate today." I hear one of the boys chuckle. And some start throwing my things into the road.

"HEY! STOP! I need that! No quit it!" Suddenly I'm kicked in the back and I lose my breath for a minute choking and before I can regain my breath again, I'm kicked over and over again. I lay on the ground sobbing in a fetal position scared out of my mind and helplessly asking for him to help.

He's does nothing besides stare, and watch.

They finally stop when they're chased off by a young mother and her child.

"Dear, are you okay?" She helps me up with her little boy holding her hand hiding behind her shy.

All I can do is nod and smile.

"Yes, ma'am. Thank you," I gather what's left of my things and slowly and painfully walk back to my apartment even though I'm usually only about 20 min away from here. It takes me 40 minutes. I'm exhausted, black and blue, bloody, and worn out by the time I get inside. I take a shower slowly peeling my clothes off and I start crying in the shower slowly sliding to the floor and rocking myself back and forth. I was going to get better and you just had to show up and make things worse. I start thinking of him and how he wouldn't ever stand and watch. He never did that before...before, the end..

*flashback*

I happily skip to the playground waiting for him to show up. I'm so excited we have a date tonight and I can't help but wonder what it's going to be. I honestly don't care, I just want to spend time with him. I love him so much.

I suddenly hear a couple of low chuckles from behind me. I turn around to see a group of boys all bigger than me laughing and smirking creepily.

"um..um, Can I help you?" I say shakily terrified like a poor baby bunny.

They all smirk and laugh cruelly.

"You sure can help us slut. Come with us and you won't get hurt....At least not too much." The lead guys says stepping towards me. Slowly I step back and shake my head.

"I can't..I urm.. Have a date tonight. I can't miss it." Trying to get them to go away.

Suddenly I'm surrounded and scare freaking out. A boy pulls his leg back getting ready to kick me harshly. I close my eyes and cover my face waiting for the impact and pain to come. But it never did.

I look over to see my hero. And see him fighting all the big meanies. I start crying with relief and he gets most of them scared and beat enough to leave me alone. I'm being picked up into his arms and he's cooing me trying to settle me down gently.

"Shh, shh I'm here now. I've got you. Shh..Shh.. Superman came and saved the day." He says sweetly and walks away with me being held bridal style to his car.

*flashback ends*

The water has become cold and so has the insides of my heart and soul once again. I get out and look in the mirror. Going under my sink I take out the pastel blue hair dye and get started on my hair. It takes a long while but once it's finished I wet it, and grab some scissors. Looking in the mirror blankly I start cutting my hair. My first cut is about 5 inches off, I do that all around before decide to cut it right under my ears. 15 inches cut off. All of light blue pastel hair lies on the floor. I pick it up and put it in a plastic bag pinning it to my cork board. I blow dry my hair and smile at myself forcibly.

Whatever.

I decide to go to sleep and see how tomorrow plays out.