Chapter 8

{ Edited}

The school day went by uneventful. I turned in my completed assignments and extra credit or make-up work. The teachers were all very surprised. I even asked if I could do anything else to help my grades at least get up to average C's or B's.

I also saw the boys who beat me up today, and I'm guessing sometimes after they beat me up they picked the wrong person to fight. All of them were bruised and bloodied. A couple even had stitches. When they saw me, they all scattered away like i was going to break them in half. I found in it half-amusing and I had a feeling they weren't going to touch me again for some reason.

I biked home not having any more troubles. I stopped at my mailbox and looked at my schedule that finally showed up. Seeing as I had a shift tonight, I put on my work attire that was shipped to me as well, it doesn't look half that bad. A pastel blue dress, that has a skirt that fluffs out a bit and some nice roller skates. The colors matching the outfit. My name tag came and it read, Destinee. On the back it read Des. I could wear it either way I wanted. Tonight I decided to stick with Destinee.

I took a small bag holding the roller skates. That had Pastel blue knee socks and laces. Very cute honestly. And the random coincidence my hair would match the outfit was fun. My work hours were from 8-11 pm. I started biking around 7:20, not knowing exactly how long it would take me to bike.

My short pastel blue hair was curled and a simple white flower crown lay on top.
I arrive at 7:45. So not too early. Only about a 25 minute bike from my place. I chain my bike up and walk inside, there are families, teens, and couples all having a nice time. The other employees are in the same uniform but different colours.

Pastel pink to neon pink, and all of the colours suit the person wearing it. I walk back to the employee room, not meeting anyone yet. I find a pastel blue locker with my name on it.

It's a big room. Heck, it's a big restaurant. There's an upstairs and a downstairs. It's super nice. Markus has done a lot. I sit down and put on my skates putting away my vans in the bag and into the locker. I find a note inside the locker.

Dear Destinee, today is your first shift. 8-11pm. We inform all of our employees that we do not fire people. You cannot actually be fired. It's impossible. You're employed to stay here until, high school ends, you're moving. Or any other special emergency that gets approved. About half way through your shift you're required to do 15-30 minutes of homework and eat dinner. We hope you have a nice shift and first day. Enjoy your shift.  p.s. I love your new hair colour. -Markus

After reading this, I have much respect for Markus. He's done so much for girls and probably even guys like me. The screwed up kids. He's so understanding and really has invested a lot into this. It's just..wow. I look at the time seeing it's now 7:55 pm.
I decide to clock in early. After clocking in, I meet the manager at exactly 8pm.

"Hi, you must be Destinee. Pleased to meet you, I'm Sandra." This nice older lady who is graying around the hair holds her hand out to me.

"Hi, nice to meet you" I smile shaking her hand.

"Stacy, will show you the ropes for about the first hour. Or more if you need. Just tell me when you think you're ready to take on a couple tables. Otherwise, you'll be assisting her tonight." She says pointing at a girl in a royal blue uniform.

"Okay, thank you." I say nodding. Sandra walks away going to check on the upstairs to see how they're doing.

Well, I guess it's time to start my first shift. Fun.