Chapter 9

{Edited}

My first shift went smoothly. I was able to do at least one table by myself at the end of the night. Mainly because Stacy's shift ended. I had a lot of fun roller skating too. I got the hang of skating with food, and didn't drop too much by the end of the night. I think instead of biking I'll just have to buy some skates to skate to school and to work.
I go to my locker changing my shoes and feeling weird. After being in skates for 3 hours, it's weird to be shorter and flat footed again.

"Bye guys!" I say waving as I leave the diner. A chorus of 'byes' are said and I walk over to my bike and go home.

I woke up not feeling too tired and at 6:55 am. I decide to jump into the shower real quick and blow dry my hair once I got out. After doing my make-up, I look at my clothes hmm.. I think I'll wear...some short overalls and a crop top sweater. It's pretty cute with my white vans. Leaving my apartment, I light a cigarette and bike to school kinda slow.

Arriving at the school, I go through the motions. When lunch finally arrives, I find a table to sit at and eat the lunch that someone at the diner made for me. Hearing a sudden 'SLAM' I look up startled.

I see him and her are fighting. I can't hear what about, but it's something that she did wrong. And he's really really really angry with her. Suddenly both of them and the people around them turn to stare at me. I freeze confused, and feeling uncomfortable from getting so much attention.

What have I done this time? Honestly? I've left them alone..

Suddenly he starts walking over here, I freak out. Finally shaking out of my frozen state and stand up quickly bolting for the door. I don't even know what I'm running from. I'm just running scared and confused.

I hear chasing after me and by that time I've run into the woods and I'm slightly lost. I know he's right behind me, and I'm getting tired. Not in all that good of physical shape thanks to the cancer sticks I smoke. I finally stop, not being able to run any more, with feeling of keeling over and almost passing out. I pant as I rest my hands on my knees.

I look up and there he is... I freeze again, but this time not completely. I freeze because I'm face-to-face with his chest. And I can smell his scent that's so familiar, yet foreign. I can hear his heart beating and hear his panting of his breathing. My eyes start welling up with tears. I'm not ready to be this close. I'm breaking again.

He's not saying anything, and I finally start to cry. I drop to the ground and my body shakes and shudders as the sobs rack my body. He sits next to me and says nothing but pulls me into his lap and rocks me.

He may have stayed silent. But his actions, spoke more than enough words of 5 lifetimes.