Chapter 10

*flashback*

I was crying and shivering as I walked down the street in the cold frigid air. I snuck out, I couldn't take the yelling of my parents. They thought I couldn't hear, or just didn't care if I did. My sisters were all at a birthday party sleepover that night. Either way, I couldn't stand it.

So I snuck out.

I walked down to a park. It's empty now, I go behind a tree and move a false part of it over in the back. I pull out a bottle of alcohol. I barely drink, but if and when I do. It's because of something bad. I go onto the playground and lay inside a slide drinking, and sobbing. I hear a rustle of leaves, but not caring I keep to what I'm doing.

I hear a voice softly call my name and I turn and as soon as he sees my face, he says nothing. But just simply gathers me into his arms and rocks me back and forth.

*flashback ends*

I stopped crying a while ago. Now I'm just sitting in his arms calming down, a slight hiccup in my breathing every once in awhile.

My head is pressed against his chest, I can feel and hear his heartbeat. He's slowly and gently stroking my short hair.

Suddenly speaking his voice breaks the serenity around us.

"Why'd you do this to your hair...?" He plays with it rubbing it in between his fingers.

I shrug. Not wanting to make a verbal response.

"Alright." He nods.

"Why'd you run" He asks.

Another shrug.

He sighs.

"Love, please. Answer me." He says pleading. Suddenly I've been dipped into ice cold anger.

"Do. Not. Call. Me. Love." I look up glaring at him. Why should I be scared of him, he doesn't have control over me. I shouldn't be hurting like this, he should be. I shouldn't be beaten up, he should be.

But I am.

And I can't change any of that.

And suddenly like a flash my anger is all gone, and I'm replaced with hurt and sadness.

"I deserved that." He nods and sighs again.
"I'm sorry." He says.

I freeze.

In all the time we were together, he's never said those words. He's never had to, we would only say sorry if something really really really bad happened. Just like how we would say goodbye to end something.

"I'm so so so damn sorry, babydoll." I finally look up at him. And I see him crying.

"Love.." My voice cracks and I cup his face in my hands.

He looks down at me and the tears are leaving trails down his cheeks and face. Something happened.. Something big. And something really really really bad. So bad, he's come to me and is apologizing.

I'm scared now. Very very scared.