23

-Hospital-

Seeing the horrible scene in front of his eyes, Jungkook immediately rushed you to the emergency. While Jungkook was anxiously, nervously waiting at the outside, the doctor ran a few tests on you.

There, Jungkook began to walk back and forth while biting his nail in fear. He'd no clue what in the world was going on. He kept on praying so that nothing bad would happen to you until he fell asleep on the chair.

But then his sleep was interrupted when a nurse shook his body to awake him. He quickly wiped his drool with the back of his hand before following the nurse into a room.

Once he stepped into the room, a woman, who he assumed was the doctor, softly told him to sit on the chair across her. Jungkook couldn't think straight at that time, he just hoped that there would be nothing too serious to worry about.

Then, the doctor began to explain everything about your condition to him. She also gave him a lot of informations that he'd never knew. About your pregnancy, the fact that he was the father of your child, and also..

"Miscarriage?!" Jungkook widened his eyes at the shocking news he unexpectedly received.

He was still shocked and happy in the same time about the fact that you were actually pregnant of his child but receiving the sudden heartbroken news, he couldn't accept it.

The doctor bit her lip and nodded her head, "I'm really sorry about this."

"She was pregnant for the whole time?" Jungkook frowned, voice began to shake as he still couldn't believe it.

"Yea, it's supposed to be her sixth weeks today. I'm sorry for not telling you about this earlier, but your wife asked me to keep her pregnancy a secret." She explained. Delivering a bad news wasn't easy for the doctor too.

Jungkook looked extremely upset, his face said it all. Though he didn't say anything at that moment, his eyes were begging to the doctor to tell him that she was just lying.

Though Jungkook didn't want for the conversation to go on, he still forced himself to ask,

"What caused her miscarriage?"

~~~

Jungkook decided to stay at the outside while the doctor talked to you. Through the small opened door, he could clearly see you crying like a baby in the doctor's arms. Seeing you in so much pain hurt him.

A few minutes later, the doctor walked out from the room and Jungkook walked in.

"Go away." You sobbed, while glaring at him with your red puffy eyes.

"Taehee, are you ok—"

"I wouldn't have miscarried if you didn't bring me to the park." You cut his line, before covering your whole body with the cold blanket, not wanting to hear anything more from him.

His eyes fell to the floor as a sigh escaped his lips. He wanted to hug you just like how the doctor did, but it seemed like you wouldn't give him a chance to do so.

"I'll bring your clothes for you to change." He said before stepping out from the room.

He rushed to the car and drove home. A lot of things were lingering in his mind. Once he arrived home, he grabbed a small bag that was just enough to fill in your clothes. He weakly walked to your closet and pulled anything that you probably needed to wear.

But then something caught his eyes between the well folded clothes. He quickly put the bag on the floor before pulling out a small piece of paper.

At first, he thought it was just a normal piece of paper but no, he was wrong. It was an ultrasound picture that you'd been hiding from him.

Jungkook began to stare at the picture for a minute. The precious little creature in the picture, made his eyes unknowingly watered.

"If only I knew about this earlier, I would've take good care of both of you." He muttered, tears fell and trickled down his face.

~~~

As soon as you reached home, you went straight to the room and threw your body into the bed. Jungkook had nothing to say, seeing how devastated you were. You hadn't been talking to him, even a word. The only thing that he could hear coming out from your mouth was sobs.

Jungkook slowly crawled to the bed and laid himself by your side. He felt useless as a husband. He wanted to comfort you so badly, but his instinct was telling him not to do anything as it might only get worse.

"I don't know how bad you are hurting right now, but just so you know, I'm hurting too." He said, but received nothing as a response.

"You must be hating me so much right now." He sighed as he found himself running out of words.

He felt so selfish at that moment, for stupidly thinking that you were overreacting. He tried his best to think positively and shrugged the thoughts off.

Then, slowly and carefully, he leaned in to you and softly whispered,

"Sleep well, hun. I love you."

That's what he said. But he couldn't even get himself a proper sleep. He kept on waking up in the middle of the night, with heart throbbing. It happened about two times. Until the third times..

..he found you nowhere by his side.