35

"Jungkook, hun, I'm leaving now." You nudged his shoulder to wake him up.

Jungkook groaned and twisted his body to the other side. He hated it when someone disturbed his beauty sleep. With a sigh, you tried to shake his shoulder again, harder this time.

"Wake up Jeon Jungkook, don't you want to see me off?" You pouted as he was the one, promising you to drop you off at the airport last night.

But looking at how stubborn he was to even wake up, he might not even be able to reach the front door.

"Bye. I'm leaving." You patted his bloated cheek before dragging the big luggage with you to the front door.

Jungkook immediately opened half of his eyes before slowly sitting up. It was freaking 4am in the morning. He was extremely sleepy, but he knew that he would definitely regret it later on if he didn't see you off.

So, he forced himself to get off from the bed and trailed behind you.

"Let me drop you off at the airport." He mumbled, as he grabbed the keychain that was hanging on the wall instead of his keys.

Jungkook couldn't think straight when he just woke up. He once mistook you as Taehyung before. But that only happened when he was too exhausted and didn't get enough sleep.

"It's okay, you don't have to. You look so damn tired." You said while putting on your shoes.

Looking at how unfocused he was made you worried. There was a high possibility that both of you could get into a car crash if he insisted to drive.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." He whispered.

But for sure, you were gonna miss him more.

"Bye." You smiled.

After that, he sadly watched you off dragging the big luggage with you.

"Take care." He waved. His eyes followed you until your figure slowly vanished from his sight.

Jungkook sighed and suddenly began to feel lonely though you just left a few seconds ago. He walked to the living room and settled himself on the couch. He was intending to rest there for a few minutes but then, he ended up falling asleep there.

Hours ticked by and when Jungkook finally woke up, he was shocked to see that it was already 8am in the morning. He dashed into the bathroom, took a quick shower and dressed up.

Lots of unfortunate things happened to him that morning —he lost one of his socks, he couldn't find his wallet, he fell into the slippery floor and even ripped his pants. Without you around, his life was a total mess.

After dealing with all of those, he finally walked out from the apartment an hour later. Before Jungkook drove off, he checked on his phone and found out that he had 97 missed calls. Most of them were from you.

Jungkook ignored the other missed calls and decided to call you back. He didn't realize it, but he was smiling for the whole time waiting for you to pick up his call.

"Taehee? Sorry, I fell asleep and didn't hear your calls." He foolishly laughed at himself.

He was expecting to hear your voice but then a man's voice suddenly responded to him, "Are you Song Taehee's husband?"

"Yes, I am. Why?" Jungkook gulped as the smile on his lips just now instantly disappeared. He sensed something bad coming.

"Your wife got into a car crash."

~~~

After the hospital staffs informed him about the car crash, he didn't think any longer and just rushed to the hospital.

"Where is she?" Jungkook nervously asked the nurse who then guided him to your room.

Once he arrived in your room, Jungkook was speechless at the sight of you lying in the hospital bed with a pale look. The bandage was wrapped around your head and when he got nearer to you, he could see purple bruise on your chin.

The doctor explained to him, that you suddenly lost control on your own car and crashed into another vehicle. Good thing was, you didn't get injured pretty bad and the baby inside your womb was also safe.

Jungkook quietly seated himself on the chair next to your bed before gently held your hand to share his warmth. He began to stare at your face with a sad look and regretted it so much for not being there by your side when the crash happened.

"I'm so sorry." He mumbled as he pressed his lips on the back of your hand.

The touch of his lips awakened you like a magic. Your eyes slowly opened and darted around. He could clearly see the confusion and consternation through your eyes.

"Hun, are you okay?" Jungkook anxiously asked as he moved closer to you.

You finally turned to look at his face and gave him a long, confused stare. He swore that he actually fell deeper for you the longer you stared at his eyes. But what you said to him the next thing tore his heart apart.

"Do I know you?"

His eyes immediately grew wide hearing those words unexpectedly came out from your mouth. He couldn't believe what he just heard, and he admitted that he was scared.

"Did you hit your head so hard that you forgot about me?" His brows furrowed, jaws dropped.

Your gaze trailed down to see your hand, wrapped around his so tightly.

You harshly pulled your hand away from him and sent him a glare, "Don't touch me. Are you crazy?"

Jungkook was in a loss for words. Warm tears began welling up in his eyes.

"It's me, Jeon Jungkook. Your husband!" He said, but you just stared at him without saying anything.

"Taehee, please. Don't do this to me." He begged, a tear rolled down his cheek. He began to hate himself for everything that had happened to you.

But then, Jungkook got even more confused when you suddenly held your hand out to wipe his tears.

"Stop crying, I'm joking." You weakly smiled which made Jungkook lost his mind for a moment.

"How could you prank me like that." He whined, tears still streaming down his face as he seated back.

"Do you understand now how I felt back then when you said those words to me?" You asked.

Jungkook gently nodded his head, "Yes. It's so devastating. What happened to you actually?"

"I don't know, the car was spinning all of a sudden and bam! I fell unconscious."

"You look so adorable when you did that bam part." He giggled.

Jungkook was about to say something but got interrupted by the sound of his ringing phone. He quickly looked at his phone only to see an unknown number there.

Thinking that it was an important call, he picked it up. "Hello?"

"Where are you? You have an important meeting in two minutes. Oh by the way, if you haven't saved my number yet, it's me Yujin."

The moment she introduced herself through the phone, Jungkook immediately hung up and blocked her number.