26

Jungkook quickly left the meeting room and rushed to his office. He was about to reach for the doorknob when the door swung open by itself.

He was greeted with a large picture of your tf-do-you-really-have-to-appear-now face. He stared into your eyes, kinda mesmerized by your beautiful eyes that he'd been longing for to look at as they were always rejecting his eye contact.

"What are you doing here? You should be resting at home." Jungkook asked, gently pushing you back to his office as he closed the door behind him.

He then caught something unusual on his desk which he realized was a lunchbox. But, he didn't even remember bringing one.

"Nothing. I'm—"

"You cooked lunch and prepared a lunchbox for me?" He cut you off with a soft smile plastered on his face.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook-ah." You bit your lip, while putting your head down before adding, "I'm sorry. It's my fault."

A frown instantly formed on his face, hearing you saying something he'd never want to hear from you.

"Dr. Kim told me everything. About my miscarriage and also, that you asked her to lie to me. I'm sorry. It's my fau—"

Before you could finish your words, Jungkook suddenly pulled you into a hug. His hand gently brushed your shoulder while he tightened the hug more.

"I knew that you are going to blame yourself. That's why I asked for the doctor to lie to you, so that you can blame me instead." He said.

He knew that you would find out about the truth no matter what, so he'd already prepared his words for you.

"Listen, it's no one's fault." He softly said.

At that exact moment, Jungkook suddenly felt something wet on his chest. That was when he realized, you were crying.

"I hate myself for losing our child and blaming you. It's so painful. I want to see our child, give name, see you play with her or him. I— I—"

"Stop." He said, "Stop thinking about it."

Jungkook slowly broke the hug and cupped your cheeks with his hands. He then gently wiped your tears that were streaming down your cheeks.

"Everything happens for a reason. We might not understand it now, but God does. And that's all that matters." He smiled, making you relieved a bit.

"Now, let's go home."

He was about to bring you out of his office when you suddenly stopped him.

"But you are still working."

When you mentioned it, Jungkook began to look unknowingly annoyed. Just by thinking of what the staffs said about you frustrated him.

"I don't care anymore."