37

You switched the lights off and sighed heavily, feeling bored and lonely. You were getting ready to sleep after dinner until the door swung open all of a sudden, revealing Jungkook. He walked to your bedside and switched the lights on with concern etched on his exquisite face.

Slowly, you propped yourself into a sitting position and asked him, "So? What happened?"

He seated himself on the chair and let out a soft sigh.

"That nurse just now, was Yujin." He stated before studying your face to see your reaction, which was none at all.

You didn't look as shocked as he expected, as if you'd known this.

"You know what? Areum told me, that Yujin is her sister. She tended to chase after hot men, especially married ones. She is crazy." Jungkook shook his head before adding,

"She was the one who rang our bell that morning, sent those old pictures, emails, and.."

He clenched his fist and fixed his eyes on you, "..the one who caused your accident."

The fact that she was trying to steal Jungkook from you was already disgusting right from the start, but knowing that she did all those nasty things, to the point that she attempted to kill you, made you scared.

Noticing the anxious look on your face, Jungkook quickly shifted to your side.

"Because of me, you were in danger. Sorry." He whispered.

"Stop being hot then." You playfully hit him on his hard chest which made him giggled.

Then, his eyes wandered around the room. At that moment, he remembered something. His eyes immediately searched for that thing, only to see an empty box placed on the table. He quickly grabbed for the box to see if it was really empty or not.

"Did you eat my fried chicken?" He turned his head to you while showing you the empty fried chicken box.

You nervously shook your head, "No, you finished them all didn't you?"

"I swear I left four or five pieces more." He frowned while rubbing his chin between his thumb and forefinger.

Your heart beated even faster when Jungkook sharply looked at you in the eyes, "You ate them right?"

Once again, you shook your head in denial.

"Then what did you eat for dinner?" He asked.

"I ate the roses. Just like what you told me to." You replied, trying to sound as calm as possible.

But useless, Jungkook wouldn't get fooled by that bad acting of yours.

Noticing a small smirk that suddenly crept up on his face, you couldn't help but to wonder what actually popped into his mind at that time.

He suddenly leaned in to your face, getting closer and closer. He didn't even listen no matter how many times you hit him to stop getting closer. He kept that smirk on his face.

"Stop coming closer I'm going to fall off the bed!" You nagged, his face was just inch from yours.

"Jeon Jungkook!"

He finally halted, burst into laughter and immediately backed off, sitting back on his chair after seeing you struggling to save yourself from falling off.

"You liar, your breath smells like fried chicken."

Speechless, you quickly cupped your mouth with your hand. He found out.

Jungkook didn't say anything, just stared at you waiting for your explanation.

"Sorry for eating your fried chicken. At first, I just took two pieces. But when you didn't show up until dinner, I took the last three pieces." You explained as you pressed your lips into a thin line.

"I purposely left some for you though." He stuck his tongue out, earning a soft hit from you.

"So, you were here eating fried chicken in peace when I was out there chasing after that criminal?" He chuckled.

You nodded your head as a yes.

"I'm so impressed with you." Jungkook leaned his back on the chair then suddenly remembered something very important.

"By the way Taehee, Areum wants to see you tomorrow."