34

~~~

"See you later." you waved your hand frantically at Jungkook and was about to close the door to your office when Jungkook suddenly held the door, stopping it from closing.

You blinked your eyes a couple of times with a look of bewilderment on your face as you mouthed a what at him.

"Don't push yourself too much. I don't want you to get stressed." He pinched your cheek then headed to his office.

But when he opened the door to his office, the new assistant, Yujin was already there. Just by the sight of her made him immediately stressed. She was sitting on the chair, across his desk.

"Why are you here?" Jungkook rolled his eyes in annoyance before making his way to sit on his black, comfortable leather chair.

"I bet that you already knew that I'm your new assistant. So, I came here just to say h—"

"How did you get into this company?" Jungkook cut her off as he turned his laptop on.

Yujin was a bit irritated by his ignorance, but that was also one of the reasons that attracted her to him.

"Mr. Song accepted me when he interviewed me in Busan. I was working there for a few months and now, I got transferred to here." she explained while shrugging her shoulders.

Jungkook, whose eyes were glued to the laptop screen suddenly scoffed, "Did you run away from your old workplace because Jimin-hyung dumped you?"

At that exact moment, she suddenly stood up and closed the lid of his laptop harshly, making him turned his head to her in an instant. Finally, he looked up to her.

"You, are the reason I'm here." she smiled.

"When I declared you as my type, then nothing is going to change that." Yujin added, only to earn a death glare from Jungkook.

"I'm married and nothing is going to change that."

"Are you sure?" She smirked, and locked his eyes with hers.

"Get out before I fire you." He ordered, head turned to the other side.

She laughed, "You can't fire me anytime you like. Based on the contract, I need to work here at least a month."

Hearing her evil laugh made Jungkook irritated and the fact that he could only fire her after a month totally pissed him off. Because of her, he didn't have any mood to work. So, he left.

Jungkook was cursing non-stop on the way to your office. He couldn't think of any other good place to go, so he chose to talk to you. Once he reached in front of your office, he didn't even knock and just barged in.

To his surprise, someone else was there with you. A man. He was your assistant, Jackson.

"What's wrong?" You tilted your head a bit at him in confusion.

Jungkook abruptly appeared when both of you were in a middle of discussion.

"I'll talk to you later so don't mind me here." Jungkook grinned and began to walk around your office.

There was no chair left for him, the only one left was taken by Jackson. Since your office was a bit smaller than his, you didn't even have a couch there.

Jungkook pretended to look at the random stuffs on the shelves while both you and Jackson proceeded to discuss with each other. But little did you know, Jungkook was actually eyeing you and him from afar.

He noticed, that the way you interacted with Jackson was so different than the way you did to him. You sounded so friendly and giggled a lot too, making him somehow uncomfortable.

"Promise me." Jackson suddenly said which made Jungkook frowned.

"I promise."

After that, Jackson stepped out from your office, leaving only you and Jungkook alone. He had this unsatisfied look on as he seated himself across you.

"You two seemed so close to each other. Do you usually talk to him that way?" he crossed his arms, waiting for you to answer him.

"Aww, are you perhaps jealous?" You teased.

"Isn't it obvious? By the way, what the heck did you just promise him?" He glared, the frown on his face intensified.

"I'm going to Jeju tomorrow for a business trip. He asked me to wait for him because he is going be a little bit late."

"Business trip?" he repeated, not believing what he just heard. "For how long?"

"One week."

"Oh please, not a week. That's too long." he whined while pouting like a baby.

"It's not like I'm going forever." You laughed, repeating what he said to you last time before he went to Japan for a business trip.

Somehow, Jungkook felt like he had heard that line before. But he wasn't that sure and didn't put much thoughts on it.

None of you knew at that moment, that someone was actually standing behind the door, smirking.