Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Lucas' POV)

I woke up, sick and dizzy with a mild headache, but even then, I wasn't entirely awake. I felt the room give a little whirl and I opened my eyes a slit. I was surprised to find that I wasn't just lying in my bedroom, but Blake was there too and practically holding me in his lap. He was fast asleep against the wall, his head tilted back and his eyes closed.

What was he doing here? Why was he touching me?

But he wasn't hurting me, I reminded myself. In fact, he was holding onto me as if he refused to let me go. I tilted my head a little to look up at his face. I think I said something, but my voice was muffled and my tongue felt too big for my mouth.

Blake shifted a little and his head fell to the side, resting on mine as he murmured something I could barely hear, but it sounded like 'five more minutes'. I raised an eyebrow, then reached up to rub at my eyes, wincing at the headache that shifted to my forehead. My room was mostly dark, except the open curtains, letting sunshine pour in thin rays across the room. It was almost eerie, but peaceful at the same time.

I hadn't felt this comfortable in a long time.

What happened last night?

The last thing I could remember was Ethan and I at the Halloween dance. After that, everything was a blur and that sent me into panic mode.

What happened? Where's Ethan? Why was I home? I thought Ethan was supposed to come over after the dance too? Or maybe I imagined that part? Why couldn't I remember anything? What's going on?

I shifted a little, my body feeling heavy as I tried to inch off the bed, but Blake's arms around me held me in place. As soon as he felt me tugging on his arms, he jerked awake with a startled gasp. I jerked my head to look at him as he blinked sleepily, trying to wake himself up.

"You're awake." He stated. I nodded slowly, but even that hurt my neck and my throat felt so dry and sore. I felt like I'd been struck by a truck or something. Blake shifted a little and slowly, reluctantly, let go of me so I could inch toward the edge of the bed. I went to stand up, but my legs seemed to suddenly go numb on me and before I knew it, I was falling over.

Blake was off the bed in an instant to grab me under the arms, helping me stand. I felt a moan slip past my lips as my stomach churned and twisted. I'm gonna puke, I realized in agony, feeling that choking bile rise up from my gut.

"Puke." I managed shakily. Blake nodded and helped me to the bathroom quickly. I just barely made it, hunching over the toilet and pretty much barfing up enough food to end world hunger. And I hardly ate that much, so why did I feel like I ate a buffet? I trembled, sinking to my knees as I gripped the toilet seat, feeling spittle dribble down my lips. Blake stood by me the whole time, getting a strip of toilet paper to wipe my mouth.

"Uhn," I paused, then went on, "Where's.... Ethan?" A shadow crossed Blake's face as he withdrew from me to throw the toilet paper away, flushing the toilet in the process.

"Don't know. Doesn't matter now, Lucas. Do you think you can stand? We should go get you something to settle your stomach and we'll talk then, all right?" He asked calmly, studying me to make sure I'd be fine.

I struggled to stand at first, but I managed to stay up on two legs without toppling over. I practically stumbled and limped to the bedroom again, but I was fine on my own for now. Blake seemed very hesitant to leave the room, even after we were sure I was fine. When he finally left, I shut the door behind him and locked it before I turned to take my sweatshirt off.

For some reason, I just realized it was ripped. I stared at the straight, but jagged cut in my sweatshirt that went from the neckline all the way to the pockets. Looking further down, I saw my pants torn sharply so I could see my skin through the tear as well as a glimpse of my briefs. It scared me more than embarrassed me.