Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve (Ethan's POV)

Shit, shit, shit!

Lucas looked at me immediately, his expression helpless. I quickly let him off my lap and scrambled to grab up one of his sweatshirts, tossing it to him. He threw it on, grabbing for a pair of pajama pants that were lying on the floor, jerking them on. He almost tripped, but I caught him under his arms and helped him up.

He jerked the hood over his head and quickly went to the door, hearing Rick's impatient knocking.

I quickly snatched the book off the nightstand and sat on the bed casually, keeping the book in my lap to the hide the problem in my pants that wouldn't quit.

Lucas opened the door, but Rick didn't step in, just stood outside the door, frowning.

"You're still here?" He asked in irritation when his eyes flickered to me. I leaned back on my hand, holding the book carefully as I grinned at him.

"Yup."

"Damn, you're irritating," Rick muttered dryly, then looked at Lucas, who stared up at him blankly, "I was going to talk to you about something, but I'll do it after I take Ethan home." I felt a bolt of ice go up my spine as he said that.

"Home?" I managed to ask. Rick raised an eyebrow.

"School night, jocky. I don't want you here on the week days too." He responded sharply. I looked at Lucas, who returned my look of dread. I hesitantly slid off the bed, feeling far from aroused now. I was nervous and sick to my stomach.

I was finally going to die. Rick Patterson was going to kill me. He was going to run me over with his gorgeous Harley, then chuck my body in the swamps until I decayed. I shuddered at the thought as I set the book down, drifting to the door. Rick stepped aside, folding his arms over his chest and giving me a nasty look that told me I was so far beneath him, I was invisible.

I started to go out, but Lucas caught my arm. I looked at him and he just stared at me for a moment before he stood on his toes, giving me a quick kiss on the lips. I could just feel the hatred radiating off Rick like a fucking furnace. I didn't want to fuel the monster's rage and just gave Lucas a small smile before he let go of me.

I followed Rick downstairs, taking my time as Rick grabbed his leather jacket off the hook, throwing it on and looking even more threatening than before.

Fantastic.

We walked outside and instead of going anywhere near the Harley that sat in all its glory in the open garage, we went to a 2012 Chevy Camaro. The sleek black finish glinted in the setting sun and I swore, I almost got a hard on for that car.

Of course, the car wasn't Lucas, so it wasn't as passionate.

"Nice car." I said as I walked around to the passenger's side. Rick cocked a brow at me, then shrugged.

"She's okay. Would've preferred the 2012 Porsche 911, but I ran out of cash. Had to spend the rest on the house." He drawled, then plopped behind the wheel. I sat in the passenger's seat silently as the engine roared to life. He tore backwards out of the driveway, making my stomach just about jump out my mouth.

This guy was psychotic.

We drove down the road, just barely matching the speed limit. The only sound was Nazareth's Hair of the Dog thumping through the speakers and the engine purring as we came along to an intersection.

"I know I'm basically God and everything," Rick said suddenly, "But I'm not psychic. Where's your house, kid?"

"Oh, uh," I glanced around at the surroundings and street names, "Just... Uhm, actually, could you take me to Nick's place?" Rick gave me a weird look. Of course, it wasn't different than any other weird look he gave me. This one just sort of asked if I was nuts or not.