Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten (Lucas' POV)

"Ethan?" I asked hesitantly. Ethan shifted a little, tightening his arm around me and resting his cheek on my head. He looked uncomfortable, but judging by the fact that he didn't answer, I guessed he was asleep. Was he dreaming about me? Was he telling the truth? Did Ethan love me or was he just having a perverted dream?

"Ethan." I said, giving him a little shake and pulling away from him. He grimaced faintly and his eyes slid open tiredly as he grasped at my arm gently.

"Uh? What? You okay?" He asked sleepily. I studied him as he shifted, yawning and stretching his long legs under Nick's seat before he settled back down, tilting his head back to watch me.

"Yea." I answered shortly. I didn't know whether I should tell Ethan what he said in his sleep or not. He obviously didn't know and wasn't saying anything about what he dreamt of. He looked ready to fall back to sleep until Oliver and Nick got back in the car, handing us each a hot cup of coffee.

"Delicious." Ethan moaned as he gulped it down. I saw his eyes water from how hot it was, but that didn't stop him from chugging half the foam cup. I arched a brow at him and he just grinned at me before he settled the cup in one of the cup holders in back. I set mine beside his and snuggled up against him again.

"I didn't know you talked in your sleep." I said quietly enough so Nick or Oliver couldn't hear me over their own conversation. Ethan blinked and stared at me.

"I do?" He asked obliviously. I nodded slowly. Ethan scrunched up his nose thoughtfully as if he were trying to remember what his dream consisted of before he wrapped his arms around me, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Uh, you think it'd be too much to ask if I could stay over tonight?" He asked quietly. I heard Oliver and Nick hush from the front. I frowned and glanced up to see Ethan's face. He looked like he was in pain or something, making a spark of worry ignite somewhere inside me. I nodded slowly and Ethan sighed with relief, his hot breath blowing against my face.

I relaxed as he seemed to drift off to sleep again. I could already see the lights of Ravenwood coming up and that's when Oliver decided to bug me, again.

"My dad's going to rip his sac off, Lucas. I don't think that was a good idea. Just let him go home. His parents will probably wonder where he is anyway." He said, sounding irritating. I frowned and just shook my head, careful not to disturb Ethan, who was breathing gently, the feel of his chest rising and falling making my back warm.

"That wasn't a suggestion." Oliver deadpanned. I shrugged, closing my eyes in dismissal, but Oliver wasn't going to have it. He snorted.

"Lucas, seriously, do you want to get in trouble? What would your parents say about this? I know Blake would be weary to have Ethan sleeping over. And where would he sleep? Definitely not your room and in case you've forgotten, you and your parents are using our only guest rooms." He warned me. I felt a twinge of irritation surge through me.

Again, I said nothing.

"Come on, Oliver," Nick said suddenly, "Don't do that. Ethan... Ethan can't stay home."

"Why not?"

"His parents are never home."

"Even better."

"Not even better. Ethan doesn't like being alone. It freaks him out."

"Tell him to buy a cat."

"Oliver."

"Look, I don't hate Ethan... much. I just don't want Lucas getting in trouble. My dad can be really nasty sometimes when he's trying to protect us. Lucas may not be his kid, but he's his nephew and my dad takes family seriously." Oliver explained, referring to Rick.