Chapter 10

"WHAT?!" Kieran gasped. Few days passed after the fight with my parents, and they got over it pretty quick, but regret still swam in my blood. I had told Kieran about my plan, all those "few days" I had been making out with Kieran, pretending to listen to Alastair and my mother and assisting to the wedding plans meetings. 

          "Come on, you said it two days ago..." I reminded him. " 'I want to leave this place, but I want to leave with you. Wherever you go, I'll follow you.' " I tried imitating his manly voice. He rolled his eyes.

          "Um... I know I said that, but I never... Nevermind. Do you have a plan already? I don't want trouble for you or me." He began, "As the son of the general, I know what happens to criminals such as traitors..."

          "We are in Westview... We don't know what may happen to us if we get caught. I doubt we get caught though." I said, trying to make him smile or make him more confident about the situation. 

           "Who knows what may happen..." He sighed. "I'm not sure who will punish us if we ever get caught. But-" He grabbed my hand and rose it against his left cheek, "I'm glad you are more positive than I." His sudden move made me instantly blush, but I couldn't feel my cheeks burn, therefore it was just a small, light blush. "Then... What's your... Plan?" He said as he let go my hand. 

          "I want to leave the exact same day as the wedding." I began. Kieran widened his eyes, but didn't say a thing. "Because I want them to work so hard for nothing." I said coldly, looking down with a frown on my face.

          "I'm not sure if I should call that comment 'sadistic'." Kieran cautioned. I ignored his comment right away, because that's what I truly wanted: To make everyone work hard for nothing.

          "I plan that, while they are preparing all the stuff for me... You know... Dress, accessories... I'll tell them I need some time alone. You'll have to be outside the castle, you choose the place, but I need you OUTSIDE the castle." I explained. Kieran gave me a look that showed slight confusion, but nodded.

          "What about the three we were while the dance was going on?" He suggested. I nodded smiling.

          "Just make sure no one sees you." 

          "Trust me, no one will. I'm Kieran Barclay." He raised an eyebrow and smirked, "Don't expect too little from me." 

            I smiled weakly and crossed my arms, "Narcissist." I called him, teasing him. Kieran didn't seem to take it as a joke.

            "Um.... Well.... What are we going to do if one of us -or both- mess up?" He asked.

            "We can meet and make a quick plan B... OR.."

            "Or...?"  Kieran echoed.

            "You know..." I said. He gave me a look that showed discomfort. It was understandable.

            "I'm not sure... I'm scared, Clementine." He admitted looking away. I felt an urge to kiss him, but something was stopping me, as if someone was holding me in order to remain still.

             "Don't worry, nothing will happen to us." That's the only thing I did. Try comforting him... TRY COMFORTING HIM, I ordered myself, but for some reason I couldn't move to do so. Suddenly, I heard someone call out my name. "I have to go... For now."

           "Ok, I'll see you later." He waved at me as I walked away. I was expecting something more romantic between us to be honest.

            I went to the direction where I heard the voice coming from, then I saw a person waving at me, I supposed it was the person who had called out my name. As I got closer, I saw my mother standing on a stone path that leaded to the castle. My desire to see or talk to her had vanished, but my curiosity was forcing me to walk towards her and find out the reason why she wanted to talk to me. As soon as I was in front of her, she smiled brightly, she always smiled brightly.