Chapter 13

A shadow began climbing over the ruins. I was in Casper's and Molly's house. Despite the outside look, inside it was quite welcoming and appropriate to live, according to me. I was sitting on a couch with a cup of tea on my hands. I looked emotionless at my reflection in the water, until I heard footsteps. I looked up and I saw Molly walking in.

     "Hello~!" She waved and sat on another couch down in front of me. "Clementine, right? I hope I didn't pronounce that wrong." 

     I shook my head.

     "Aw, honey. I know you've made a long journey, but ever since you stepped in this house you've been looking quite depressed. Casper told me your age and name, but he never told me the situation you've been in. If you don't mind, could you tell me?" Molly asked with mournful eyes and a gentle smile. 

      I took my time to answer and kept staring at my reflection in the tea. Lastly I nodded and sighed, announcing the beginning of my story.   

     "My name's Clementine Snowmelt from Dawnsbury. I was the princess of the kingdom, with my sister, Quince. Unfortunately she died while she was pregnant, so the heir title was given to me. At first, I was going to become rightful queen of Dawnsbury, but I had to marry someone first. They didn't tell me that, but I knew because tradition. Anyways... My father changed his mind and instead wanted me to marry King Alastair of Westview. Of course I got mad, because he changed plans without asking for my permission and all that. I went to Westview and I got chosen among other four or five heiresses of other kingdoms. Even though we weren't married, Alastair did stuff to me that I didn't like. Whenever I tried telling him to stop, he would become more and more clingy and less understanding. 

     "During my time in Westview, I fell in love with my best friend, Kieran, who was kind enough to come with me through this nightmare. He seemed to share the same feelings until one day, I saw  him kissing a woman who I didn't even know." I looked up, "So I pretty much ran away because I couldn't handle boys anymore. I hate boys." I whined and sighed. 

      "Poor thing..." Molly lamented, then she stood up to sit next to me and placed one her hands on my shoulder. 

      I sighed, announcing I had more to say, "I spent I don't know how much time travelling around on a horse that later on died in the hands... Wait no... Paws? It got killed by wolves. I stayed on a tree for a while and then Casper found me. When I told him I was from Dawnsbury he became quite harsh towards me."

      Molly apologized for Casper's behavior after I told her she threatened me with his musket. I told her not to worry, but I had to be honest with myself; I was ready to die that moment when he pointed at me with the muzzle of the musket. After bragging about boys and love, Molly gave me an advice.

       "Not every man in this world is hateful. I married Casper, he isn't hateful."

      "He pointed at me with his musket and literally attempted to shoot me." I reminded her and narrowed my eyes.

     Molly giggled, "Well, he didn't do that to me." She looked at me, telling me to take a sip of the tea she did. As I drank, Molly went on with her advice. "Clementine, I bet one day you'll find a man who is a real gentleman. I agree with you that sometimes... Men can be pretty vicious and deviant."

      "All men I've known so far have made me feel like shit." I told her. Now that I was out of the walls of the world of royalty, I could swear all I wanted. It felt quite weird, since it had been a long time since I last sworn, since my father would slap my mouth whenever I said something out of hand. Acceptable, I guess.

     "I know, but, Clementine. You need to understand men make mistakes just like women, and that at some point in your life they're going to make you feel hurt." She smiled, "I love Casper, and he has made me angry from time to time, but that doesn't make me stop loving him." She smiled.