first encounters

CHAPTER TWO: heartthrob

-

it was overwhelmingly crowed here, seas upon seas of people all around her, seemingly to swallow millie up whole by the second; her mother long gone from her side.

hurriedly she tries her best to get through everyone and to the school's office. after a couple of minutes her eyes land on the glass doors, where a receptionist sits, chatting amicably in the old phone.

jeez, how old was that thing? the people here really need an upgrade.

"hi-" she sighs gently, "the names millie bobby brown," she says to the lady at the front desk, wanting to hurry up and get all her classes figured out. "welcome!" she exclaims. "avon ridge high is so happy to have you with us miss brown! we are so happy to have you joining us here!"

taken back the lady's loud happiness millie jumps at her voice but smiles back forcefully in return, waiting for the woman to hurry up and get the damn schedule.

"don't worry about her." a male voice says suddenly making millie turn around, where a boy around her age sat in the chair, rather bored might she add. "ms. lukasiak acts like all people shit rainbows and kittens out of there asses."

"you know that woman?" millie asks the dark eyed boy, gesturing towards the way where the woman went.

"oh no-" he answers. "a friend of my mom's. the names caleb by the way and you're the new girl everyone's taking about i assume?" he asks, sticking a hand out.

"yes that's me unfortunately" she laughs a bit, shaking his hand back. "you wouldn't happen to be friends with a girl named sadie, wouldn't you?"

the boy smiles happily thinking his red headed friend. "yeah, you know sads too?" caleb questions a bit confused as to how she knew about his fellow friend.

"we met yesterday at the park and talked for a bit. she told me about you and everyone else. she also said i hang with you guys..." her voice trails off, unsure if he'd disagree to her hanging with them but he assures her with a warm smile.

"that's cool. sadie's great well- i'll see you at lunch then. i think your schedules here." he points and millie turns around and sure enough ms. lukasiak is standing there, a big grin tracing her features as she holds out some papers as well as her schedule.

quickly saying goodbye and getting the hell out of there millie dashes off trying her best not to get lost.

now where the hell is that damn classroom?

-

finn casually walks around the hallways, not a care in the world as he stares into his phone. playing some random pop the bubble game, "damn it," he curses as he messes up. those damn games were impossible!

they were really hard, either that or he just sucked like his friends said.

he briefly wonders if maybe he should skip today. it's not like he even does his work while he's in class anyways, although he is very smart he tends to not express interest.

millie and finn both walk the now empty hallways occupied with something. which wasn't the best idea now thinking about it but, what were they supposed to do? the girl internally curses, seeing as she's already late, the tardy bell ringing out suddenly.