angry troubles

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: spend some time away

-

it was a horrible feeling that had begun to claw at one another's chests.

like a muscle ache that felt just way too tight to even breathe easily.

she missed him. oh, millie missed him more than she'd care to admit. in any other circumstances she'd probably scold herself for crying over some silly boy, but finn wasn't just some boy she had a frilly crush on. in a short amount of time he'd grown to be more than that.

and if she was being honest with herself the feelings she felt with him didn't even compare to how different it was with romeo.

millie thinks she may have never loved him at all if this is anything to go by.

oh stars! he made her heart melt and stomach churn to liquid with his special smiles that only seemed to be made for her.

but as she walked aimlessly to class the following mornings all she felt was heart ache towards him. at how finn hadn't even spared a second glance her way, eyes trained always just ahead with a blank expression. although, millie could see the darkened bags that hung around his lids.

lack of sleep. yeah—millie knew a thing or two about that more recently too.

even at lunch the boy was no where to be found. the more she sat with sadness the more anger had started to crawl up her throat and chest. it was maddening thing. greedy in a way that made millie's breathing stammer harshly, when she'd seen finn walking the halls with—that stupid girl.

frankly it felt like she could have exploded with bubbling rage at the two, as maddie had leaned flirtatiously against finn's arm, only to have it wrap around her.

her hands shook, books flimsily dropping from her as she barely managed to contain the bitterness.

but the more millie represses the more her temper felt like it wanted to blow.

why was anything her fault at all?

it wasn't like she had gone and murdered someone right? she'd only (maybe) fallen in love with someone months ago.

he didn't have to blow everything out of proportion and make this whole thing about him for christ sakes!

and, sure, maybe millie hadn't exactly told him the truth out right, but it's not like she could have just easily slipped that bit of information in anyways!

"are you okay?"

millie breaks her eye contact with finn's figure and turns to the voice behind her, finding noah surprisingly.

the sight of a friendly face manages to quench the simmering agitation in her blood. but only a bit. "no—" millie says. "it's just finn and maddie and...ugh! he makes me so fucking mad i swear i could just—"

"slap him?"

"exactly!" she stomps and though she's keenly aware she may or may not be acting like a five year old about to throw a tantrum she doesn't care.