another outing

CHAPTER ELEVEN: secret smiles

-

"what's up with you and wolfhard?" sadie's voice suddenly procures and millie stares at her ginger haired friend in shock at the question.

she had definitely not been expecting thar at least this earlier in the morning.

she plays it cool, shrugging the question off and opening her locker. "i have no clue what you're talking about red."

"oh don't pull that shit on me mills. veryone can see it, we're not oblivious you know? also you guys aren't exactly subtle." sadie smirks, closing her friends locker with a small slam, standing taller, narrowing her eyes in a interrogating manner, and putting her best intimidating act on.

but her short haired friend isn't affected and simply pushes her hair back out of her face, staring right back.

"oh come on," the red whines. "everyone can see the pathetic doey and yearning eyes between you too."

"i don't yearn," millie points out matter of factly, even though she knows herself that's a complete lie. "sure you don't but he sure as hell does," gesturing towards the freckled boy who indeed was watching from across the hall.

new glasses millie's never seen before perched on his nose bone, and his familiar green jacket on that he works oh so well.

why did he always have to look stupidly attractive?

catching the girl's stare, finn smirks tipping his glasses down and winking before pushing them back up smoothly.

jerk.

"see! that right there millie!" sadie exclaims to which millie pushes her, shushing her in the process, an obvious pinkness to her cheeks that has her friend grinning widely and crazily.

"stop that creepy smiling. you look like a damn comic book character like that."

"i do not," the ginger yells, an amused open mouth expression plastered on that she brushes off quickly with a smug smirk. "i thought you were never the one to mess with high school boys?"

the girl shrugs almost shyly, her back hitting the locker as she meets the boys eyes once more. a small smile on those lovely lips of his.

"never say never."

-

a puff expells from finn's chest as he blew out the toxic air.

"i didn't know you smoked?"

the sound of millie's voice behind him has him smirking and turning around in a heartbeat. "i don't always. just whenever i've got something in particular on my mind," he takes another drag.

playfully, finn blows the smoke in her face and she coughs, pushing him away a bit.

"got something on your mind too babe?" he asks holding out the tobacco.

"no," she blushes shooting a glare. "i think it's disgusting." millie scoffs.

"okay then." the cigarette falls to the floor suddenly and with a quick stomp the amber is out.