the one where finn is not jealous

CHAPTER SIX: flash of names
-

the place was hot and it immediately made millie think she was sweaty already a bit, everyone else on the other hand thought it was great. the guys had already walked off to somewhere else.

a squeal erupted from besides sadie and millie jumped, eyes wide as a girl suddenly wrapped her arms around the ginger. "you came!"

"of course i did babe!" sadie yelled with a gleam. she motions millie over who smiles politely at the girl. "this is millie, she's knew to our little group and school. i'm pretty sure you've heard of the new girl."

she smiles widely. "oh yes!"

millie laughs and shakes her head. "hello, nice to meet you." her accent comes out posh and polite surprising the random girl, and her eyes widen.

"she's got an accent too?!"

"yeah i know!" the ginger exclaims, "mills is great!"

all the girls talk a bit for a while chatting happily back and forth until, gaten suddenly bumps playfully into them.

"oh! thanks for the drinks." millie takes up the cup, examining the pink strong liquid before glancing at sadie who drinks it without a thought.

stop being such a square millie and drink it.

so she does.

it's weird and it makes her want to cough, but soon it's over and something along the lines of what could be koolaid is tasted; a warm burning traveling down the back of her throat. "you like it mills?" sads chuckles. "yeah! it's great! what's in it?" the drink still burns but, it's a pleasant tingle now and before she knows it the whole drink is almost gone.

sadie shrugs giggling. "hell if I know? but it's good!"

the other girl giggled grabbing her cup in the air, swaying to the beat already. "lets dance! come on!"

millie doesn't exactly know what she's doing, but it's feels good just to move around, swishing her hips and moving her arms freely to the music; the buzz from the alcohol gives her more confidence than she intended.

she sings along to the music with feeling, letting out all her emotions. she didn't know that a certain brown eyed boy was watching her from the corner, seemingly enchanted entirely by her every move.

would you be mine? would you be my baby tonight? could be kissing my fruit punch lips in the bright sunshine. cause i like you quite a lot, everything you got, don't you know?

it's you that i adore, though i make the boys fall like dominos.

she feels the burn in her arms as she waves them around but finds herself not caring one bit, welcoming it rather. the song goes on and the whole time she feels as though someone is staring at her.

suddenly millie turns, and their eyes meet. his are warm and playful, glazed almost and it makes her smile lopsidedly at him, as finn's stare burns into her face.

millie doesn't even realize she's still singing as they stare at each other.

i want my cake and i wanna eat it too. i wanna have fun and be in love with you!