confused

CHAPTER TEN: falling is so stupid

-

"how's school going honey?"

"it's going," millie replies easily, pushing the pizza around, and picking off the mushrooms in distaste.

Gross.
"that's good i uh think," miss brown laughs and  millie smiles back, softly chuckling back too. she likes to see her mom smiling once again unlike all those many months ago.

"you've made friends, yes?" her lips quirk up before nodding.

"teah yeah she did!" ava's squeaky voice pipes up abruptly. "his name is finn," her sister goes back to eating her pizza with that bit of information, and her mother's brows shoot up in amusement from it. "finn? hmm. that's a nice name."

a blush coats the girl's cheeks at the mention of the curly haired boy who she'd kissed a couple days ago. nothing else had happened between them and it was driving them both crazy, but neither had the guts to speak up about it. they were closer that was sure; everyone can see the change in them.

"i guess," she mutters, quickly finishing up the pizza rushing up stairs, wanting to avoid anything more on the topic.

the topic was confusing and made her heart race.

he was confusing and made her heart race.

millie sat on her bed, book in hand, swept up away in her book. it was a cliche romance novel but she still liked it a lot. just cause it's total cliche doesn't mean it's not good. i mean it's a cliche cause it's been used so many times because it worked.

her eyes were glued to the page, drinking in every word and more often than not her thoughts lingered to finn at the romantic moments much to her embarrassment.

plus he didn't need to know that anyways. it's not like he was here to tease her at the moment anyways.

except, he was. only he was far much too finterested in not falling off the side of millie's house. his grip was clenched white on the rail and his heart raced with anticipation of the idea of falling off.

the boy manages to swing his leg over the roof part and finn can finally peak his head to see inside the window. her hair is the first thing he sees; it's messily falling down at her shoulders and he chuckles lowly at how adorable she looks. millie's lips bitten with laughter and her eyes bright with humor. why is she laughing?

with no hesitation finn knocks on the glass, the sound breaking millie from her book infused trance. shock coils in the pit of her stomach at the sight of the freckled boy outside her window, and she rushes over to open it.

"hello dear."

"finn what are you doing here? if my mom knows you're here she'll kill me." millie's voice a loud whisper and he smirks in response. "no reason brown. let me in!" he urges so she does; moving to the side and the poor boy all but tumbles over.

"not so loud you dimwit!"

"you're the one that's yelling at me!" finn retorts with a glare right back.