red headed gal

CHAPTER ONE: the new girl in town

-

millie's shoes clacked along the hardwood floors, the wood was old and smelt of age but she didn't mind it much. the box in her hands was placed on the floor of her new room, a sigh expelling from her chest.

she hated moving and especially to such a small town like avondale; where everyone new everyone; gossip spreading like wildfire about the browns and she already knew it.

"i know it's different-" a voice pipes up over her shoulder. "but i think it'll be good for us. you know? start a new life somewhere with how everything ended with your father and all."

"i know mom it's just... did we have to move so far a-and to such a small town?"

"it was the only place that had an opening for an assistant principal." she became quiet for a moment, taking in her daughters distressed eyes and slouched figure, before pulling her into a small hug.

the action surprising millie, but she hugged anyways. she loved her mother very much.

"why don't you go on and explore the town for awhile. you can come and unpack later."

the girls stomach twisted, anxious knots forming slightly. "i-i don't know mom. i mean i don't know anyone. what would i even do?" she asked, starting to bite her nail.

it was a bad habit; she knew that; and millie often would chew to hard or much causing her to bleed sometimes, but that didn't stop the stupid tick.

her mother, miranda, grinned slightly. "i saw a park down the street from here. why not go check it out?"

"because i'm a teenager and i hate going outside."

"millie!"

"what? i'm just being honest here!" she laughs, dwindling at her mothers hardening stare after a second. "okay, okay. i'll go but not because you scare me but because i want to."

the wind whips lightly around the girls short hair, her feet scraping lightly against the rubbled ground as she sat upon the random bench in front of the pond. it was small probably only the size of a kiddy pool; the sunlight bouncing off the water in colorful rays.

and although everything seemed beautiful in the god forsaken town nothing could ever beat the comfort of her old one

"so you're the new girl?"

millie's eyes wander up, surprised at the sudden voice from behind; a flash of fiery red hair amazing her for a moment, as the girl promptly places her self right next to her poor nervous.

"i've only been here for an hour, and i'm already y'all of the town? sheesh..." she expected nothing less from the small community but still.

the ginger laughs. "sorry! you know how everything is. i assume you're going to avon high? i mean it's the only fucking high school here so..."

"yeah. my moms the new assistant principal there." the sun is beating down profusely on the british girl's skin, a light pink starting to form from the heat, and yet she still managed a smile.