fifteen

015 | ❝ I'm worried about you.

🐬🐬🐬

🐬🐬🐬

           The next day Enoch was still ignoring Delphine This hurt him, but he knew he couldn't allow himself to get anymore attached to a girl he knew he would never be able to make happy. Every now and then he would sneak a glance at the girl his heart skipping a beat when he would see her smile or hear her laugh.

Delphine and Victor were now on good terms. Still, there was this aching feeling she had every time she would think of talking to Enoch before changing her mind when she realized that he wouldn't want to talk to her. Delphine didn't understand how Enoch could change so quickly -- one day they would be friends and the next he was so rude, telling her that he didn't want to be her friend.

Emma had tried to tell Delphine that maybe he was being shy but Delphine doubted it. Enoch wasn't shy, he usually spoke his mind and when he didn't like anything he'd tell you. The again Delphine felt that she didn't know Enoch very well, Emma had known him for a much longer time than Delphine has.

To keep distracted from any type of boy problem that may approach the girl Delphine had kept herself busy by swimming every day around the same time. She would come home in time for dinner and then after they would all go and watch the movie that was Horace's dream. Emma and Delphine would then stay awake for a while talking. It had taken a while but Delphine had stopped having her nightmares.

Days had passed when Delphine and the rest of Miss Peregrine's children had learned of a strange man by the name of Barron who had gathered a group of other peculiars in search for immortality. They would raid the homes of other peculiars taking the ymbryne and eating the eyes of the children.

The older children had tried to keep calm for the sake of the younger children who were growing afraid. Olive had stuck to Emma and Delphine like a little sister afraid of the dark. Then there was Enoch who seemed more distant than he had ever been. Delphine had grown so worried for the boy that she had tried talking to him. "Enoch?" She called out knocking on the door to his room. There had been no answer and Delphine wondered if it was because he was still ignoring her or if he wasn't in the room.

It had been the first, Enoch was in his room with the door closed as he worked on a new creation. His heart had stopped upon hearing Delphine speak his name. "Enoch please." He heard Delphine call out again and he let out a sigh closing his eyes shut hoping that she would just walk away but she didn't there was another knock on the door this time more urgent.

"What do you want?" Enoch called out harshly putting his work down and looking at the door.

"I want to know what's wrong, I'm worried about you." Nobody had ever been worried about Enoch before. His old home, and even his parents thought he was weird- they never worried about him in the way Delphine was worried. When his parents were worried about him it was because they thought he was strange and cursed. Enoch felt a tear slip down his cheek and he quickly wiped it away shaking his head before looking up at the door.