eighteen

018 | ❝ When are you going to man up and kiss me?

018 | ❝ When are you going to man up and kiss me? ❞

🐬🐬🐬

That'd been one of the most embarrassing things to ever happen to Delphine. She kept thinking about her nightmares wondering if they were the reasons for which she ended up in Enoch's bed. If so how and why? She didn't recall waking up last night just to go to his room and honestly, it was a little embarrassing that it had been Enoch's room, Delphine just wondered why it couldn't have been Emma's bedroom or something.

It had become even more embarrassing for Delphine when over the next two weeks she kept waking up in Enoch's bedroom wrapped in his arms. She hadn't wanted to tell Enoch that she was having nightmares and that, that was probably the problem she was having for which she would end up in his bed snuggling her head into his chest. It had been their luck that nobody, not even Miss Peregrine had caught them sleeping in the same bed.

It was one morning when Enoch finally asked her what was wrong. They couldn't keep pretending as if she wouldn't wake up in a different bed than the one, she would go to sleep in and one day Delphine could get caught sneaking out of Enoch's bedroom early in the morning. "I've been having nightmares ever since that night," Delphine said to Enoch crossing her legs as she sat on Enoch's bed her eyes staying on her knee as she couldn't bring herself to look at Enoch. "I don't know how I keep ending up here in your bedroom."

That same night Enoch had decided to stay awake during the night to see if he could see when Delphine would be coming into his room. He laid on his bed his arms crossed behind his head as he looked up at the ceiling thinking. He was thinking to himself of how everything had changed since the day he thought they had lost Delphine.

He had been terrified and worried, guilt and regret had come creeping upon him and he had wished he had, had the courage to do everything he had wanted to do when it came to Delphine. Enoch let out a sigh and sat up in his bed, he could feel his chest tighten at the thought that maybe all his worries from before were things he should still worry about.

Delphine was beautiful, even if she didn't think she was. Enoch adored every aspect of her, the scales that littered her skin. Her big brown eyes and rosy cheeks, those pink lips, and her bubbly personality. She had had a rough experience and yet she was so kind and nothing like Enoch. Delphine was the opposite of Enoch and that was what he like the most about her. They were so different yet so much alike.

Suddenly the door to Enoch's bedroom opened and in came Delphine. Her eyes were closed, and her hands were held out in front of her as if not to bump into anything and suddenly Enoch understood. Delphine had been sleeping walking to his bedroom.

Delphine closed the door behind her and walked over to the bed pulling to covers over herself before wrapping her arms around Enoch's waist and pulling him closer to herself letting out a sigh. Enoch looked down at the girl with wide eyes, he had always been asleep for a moment like this and now he was awake and unsure of what to do.