Chapter 1: Lisette

Bored. That's all I've been since I decided to join Kiro back to our brother-in-law Abbadon's pack three years ago. Their training was more of a warm up compared to the training back home, their patrols weak; and they were all too damn touchy feely with one another. It is all very vanilla here. I'm used to seeing young and old men a like training for 12 hours at a time. Even the women would train for at least eight hours. It was hard to get the exercise I needed. Being the women in this pack have minimal training of an hour and a half. While the rest of the time they're putting their men to work. Hunting, cooking, cleaning, and taking turns doing day care work.

    Even I have been put on the daycare roster. But after dropping four toddlers and cussing at a nine year old I'd been put under supervision while spending my six hour penalty. The only kids I'm good with were my nephew and niece. They have just had their transformation. They were both on the large side, with their age at least. They were nearly the size of an adult were. Or so the letters from my brother Leon and his mate Abbadon say. I miss them all so much, but I felt the need to follow Kiro here. He's gotten worse over the last year or two. He's stopped pretending to feel anything. The others are starting to notice soon enough, if Leon doesn't find the witch soon I'll have to declare Kiro and I rogues until I can figure something out.

"Lisette." Kiro greets coming into my line of vision. Blocking out the sun rays, ruining my tanning time.

    I sit up onto my elbows and glare up at him.

"What?" I ask, feeling my frustration of not being able to help him bubble up.

"Akayla wants you to go into town to pick up the shipment of toilet paper, soaps, and clothing. Grant will be accompanying you." He informs me, his words coming out robotically.

    I glare harder at him, criticizing his appearance. He's grown a beard, one I make sure he keeps in tip top shape so he doesn't start looking like a bum. He's wearing the clothes I set out for him this morning. A pair of faded blue jeans, already stained by the grass. A gray V-neck, with sleeves that reached his elbows. He decided to go bare foot, something he's been doing more and more of lately. I kept his dark raven black hair out close to his scalp. Leaving it long enough up to give it some volume but not enough to fall into his eyes, giving him bangs. I work hard to keep him... normal looking. If I didn't he would just wear the same thing everyday. He wouldn't shave and keep his  hair from becoming a nest for something. Most of the time I had to make sure he remembered to eat and drink water. He looks like he hasn't ate anything today.

"Alright, but I want you to eat two- no three plates of food at dinner tonight. And don't think I won't have someone report back to me about it." I warn leaving no room for argument.

    He nods his head after a moment of silence.

"Alright, good. Now how about you help me up?" I say throwing up my hand, shaking it at him in emphasis.

    He grips my hand in his and yanks me up. I barely wince, I was used to his rough handlement. He's been having trouble judging how much strength he uses lately. I've given up on reprimanding him for it. I just made sure he never got any shifts  at the daycare. He mostly trains with the others and helps chop wood and such.

"Be quick." He orders lightly and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, whatever." I grumble as I fix my peach color bikini top.

    I waited in stupid hope that he'd tell me to cover up before I left but he said nothing. He just turned his back and walked away. I sigh heavily and bend down to pick up my cut off denim shorts. Flipping my hair over my head, dragging it into a decent ponytail. Quickly touching up my crooked bangs. With a heavy sigh, I jump and shimmy my way back into my shorts.

    A whistle slices through the air. I straighten up and turn around in time to stop an approaching wandering hand. I glare up at Grant who dared to give me an innocent look.

"Next time you try it, I tear it off with my teeth." I growl.

    He smiles at me chiased.

"Well hello Lis, you're looking mouth watering today." He greets making my eyes narrow further.

"Why am I paired with you?" I question suspicious.

    He smile grows wider, wolfish.

"Because I volunteered, besides this'll be your first trip into town. You'll need a face that the locals know. Not only that, you don't know your way around." He states all to pleased with himself.

"There was no one else?" I check.

    He laughs.

"Nope, everyone is too busy getting things prepared for Rosen's twins 13th birthday." He answers, his eyes wandering down to my chest with a lusty leer.

"Fine. Let's get out of here." I snap, shoving past him to head back to main hall.

"Cool, we can take  my truck." He says keeping up with me with a little effort.

"No thanks." I state quickly, I won't getting in a small contained space with Grant if I could help it.

"Then how are you getting there?" He asks smugly.

    I smile to myself.

"The fun and fast way." I reply happily.

    At least I'll be able to escape him on the ride to and from town. Now let's see if Colt will be willing to do me this favor.