Chapter 2: Wylde

Today was like any other, by the looks of it. Clear sky, bustling main street with the shoppers and loiters. Children playing on the grade school playground a good mile to the left. Even the diner had it's regulars in for the day. Even my shop had its work put out for it.

    A growling of my stomach distracts me from my musings. I grab on of the two cleaner rags; using the towel to clean as much motor grease off my hands as possible. My beasts ears perk up as we heard someone approach, I inhale deeply and let my shoulders relax at the familiar scent of my girl Lily. I turn in time to catch her in the act of trying to scare me. As if my beast would allow such an act to pass. i quickly shove him to the back of my mind. He never did play well with others. Especially those that were human, unlike us.

"How'd you know?!" She demands, crossing her arms over her generous amount of chest and pouting prettily up at me.

"You smell like vanilla- surrounded with car fluids." I state bluntly, her nose wrinkles in distaste at my description.

"Well I wanted to see if you wanted to eat at Mama Bowie's." She says stepping a little further into my garage. My beast tries rising up for the occasion; he has always been territorial about our space.

"Yah, I was about to take a lunch break anyways." I reply setting down the dirty rag.

    I approach her only to be given a pointed look.

"What?" I ask holding back an irate growl.

    She sighs sounding put out, even giving me a smile that seemed to say 'you poor dear'.

"The jumpsuit? It's covered in motor oil and stains. Why not leave that here? You know- look presentable?" She questions.

"Why? I don't care what I wear, besides it's just shows how hard I've been working." I state tiredly.

"Yes, but honey you stink of gross motor oil." She soothes, her nose still wrinkled.

    We stink? She stink, don't like vanilla.

"Does it really matter?" I question.

"It'll make me happy." She replies softly, giving me one of her sugar tea sweet smiles.

"Alright, I'll meet you back up front in a moment." I relent and her smile brighten, she claps her hands and even giggles happily.

"Thank you baby." She says before turning around, giving her  hips  an extra sway as she walks away.

    Leaving me almost alone in my garage.

"Tell me again why you're dating Ms. Bumble Bee or whatever? She's so boring and her voice grates on my nerves." Donovan questions grabbing another tool from his side.

"She's a nice girl." I offer up, unzipping my jumpsuit.

"No she isn't; besides if you were interested in nice you should of gotten with Nina who works at the library- or Carey the nurse." He argues rolling back under Drew Mikels truck.

"And why would I take relationship advice from you? When was the last time you were in a relationship- or better yet been laid?" I taunt, pulling my legs out of the jumpsuit with some difficulty.

"Who needs it? I'm fine on my own- with you and your failed relationships." He bites back and I growl, going over and kicking the tools away from his reach.

"Meany! Wait till mom hears about this!" He whines making me snicker.

"Do that and I'll make sure Quetin gets all the good hours next week." I threaten running a hand through my hair.

"Get stuffed!" He growls out angrily and I chuckle.

    With one last remark about it not being wolf season I leave the garage and meet up with Lily out in the lobby. She wraps both of her arms around one of mine. With a quick look down each side of the road we crossed over to Mama Bowie's diner. A roaring of a motorcycle catches my attention. I was about to turn around to get a look of it when Lilly pulled me through the entrance of the diner. Cutting off my view of the motorcycle and it's driver. It took all I had not to growl out my frustration at Lily.

"Come on baby, I'm starved!" She complains loudly, drawing a few locals attention.

    They smiled at us amused before returning to their own meals. I give Lily a frustrated look and she pouts up at me. To think I once found those lips of hers' sexy. Now they annoy the living hell out of me. Donovan had one thing right, I like mean girls with an attitude, but I don't find it sexy when they don't have enough of a backbone to tell me right out what they want from me. Lily likes to play games and expects me to know what she wants- to bend to her every desire. I felt we weren't going to last much longer. Right now I'm too busy to deal with the fall out of breaking up with her. So I'm stuck humoring her a little while longer.