Chapter 8: Wylde

Lily was seething as she entered my garage, I grab a cloth and clean the grease from my hands and stand to greet her.

"Hello Lily, I was going to call you to inform you that I wouldn't be able to have lunch with you today. I have too much work to do." I greet, as she approached me on clacking heels angrily.

"I'm not here about lunch I heard about that floozy wandering about town. How she came and visited here yesterday, after buying cheap lingre. Who is she? Some flake you were seeing last month when you went to that auto show out in Colorado?!" She demands and I frown.

    Floozy? Flake, what the fuck was she talking about.

    Lisette, speaking badly about Lisette. Remind her who's Alpha, make her submit.

    I grimace. Of course the gossip mill has been running it's mouth  again.

"Are you talking about my new customer Lily?" I question with a sigh.

"I rather not use that woman's name. Who does she think she is dressed that way?" She questions slamming her purse down on one of my tool boxes and crossing  her arms over her chest.

"What in a pair of  jeans  and a blouse?" I ask distastefully, though I had to admit both were pretty tight, but in a flattering kind of way that made me want to see what held beneath the fabric.

"Well the whole town knows what lies beneath it. She bought lingre- from the MALL!" She exclaims sounding scandalized.

"Where else would she get her underwear- isn't that where you get yours?" I ask with sigh, suddenly very curious what color lingre Lisette had gotten and who was she wearing it for.

    I felt my beast growl in the background at the thought that someone was getting to see her in what I would imagine to be a very sexy pair of lingre.

"No- that's... trashy. I get mine from the internet from a very conservative site." She argues, and I found the urge to roll my eyes.

    All her underwear is practical and if not a little boring. Not that she didn't look good in them, she was a very attractive woman. If only I could scrounge up the same amount of attraction I had for Lisette for Lily but it didn't and it was time I stop pretending otherwise. I step forward and grip her arms gently.

"Come to my office, so we can have a little more privacy." I say not wanting to have listening ears as I spoke with her.

    Lily brightens up and follows me willingly. She closes the door behind me, locking the door. I sighed, she was thinking I wanted to do was more than to talk. Dear god she was going to go crazy. She sits on the edge of my desk, looking up at me through her eyelashes.

"Yes baby?" She asks batting her lashes.

"... I want to break up." I state out bluntly.

"No." She replies and I raise an eyebrow at her.

"It's not up for discussion. I don't want to see you romantically anymore." I  tell her with an authoritive tone.

    She snorts and crosses her arms over my chest.

"That's too bad because I don't want to break up. We're already behind schedule, by now we are supposed to be at least moved in with one another. My father is expecting an engagement announcement soon as well." She argues haughtily and I frown at her. 

"Well then we'll just have to disappoint him. It's over Lily, don't make this harder for yourself." I say going to the door and unlocking it.

    With a small shove I open it for her and gesture for her to exit. She glares at me and doesn't make  any indication that she was done talking to me.

"This is because of that tramp isn't it? She's barely been here two days and she already has you turned against me?!" She demands angrily.

"No, I've been meaning to end things with you for a while now. It's  just that I've been putting it off being I had a feeling you would act like this. And I was right, but I should of done it immediately instead of dragging it out. I'm truly sorry for that; I've wasted both off our times." I  apologize dryly and her eyes narrow further.

"God this is what I get for slumming it. Well just so you  now I've slept with your brother and he's also better at it then you are." She spits angrily, getting up and stomping out of my office.

    I snort.

"Right; Donovan did no such thing. He's not interested in sex." I state as I watch her disappear.

"She was that desperate huh? Just so you know I have had sex before older brother, I can't help it that I found it boring and unsatisfactory." Donovan says walking past her to lean against my door way.

    I give him a look and shrugs his shoulder, tilting his head to the side in submission.

"Where's Lisette?" I ask looking around my shop, taking a whiff in to realize I couldn't sense her.

"She asked me to pass along a message. She says she'll come back around later to get the estimations for the job." He  relays taking a breath; "Yet something seemed wrong, she froze up and said something weird before hand. Something about witches and deals. I think she's been searching for witches." He informs me.

    I  frown, witches have pretty much gone off radar. Have been the last few years. Especially since the last witch that was down made the mistake in going into the woods. The Rogues that resided there hunted her down and feasted on her. There hasn't been another sign of one since.

"Thank you Donovan, you can head on home early if you like." I say with a flick of my hand and he nods his head.

"Have a good night, don't do anything I wouldn't do." He says turning to leave.

    I chuckle lowly.

"That's  a hell lot of things you wouldn't do. How about what you would do if you could feel what I am currently." I tease, he turns and looks me over.

"She's  young, younger than what you've had before. She could change her mind." He says giving me a pitying look.

    I frown, she was young, I don't even know if she's legal. I grimace.

    Mine, lick, nibble, bite; taste blood.

    Shit, I'm in over my head.