Chapter 4: Wylde

The revving of the engine sets my blood on fire. It's been so long since I've came this close to letting loose. The cheering of the crowd around us deafening as we waited for the flag to swipe down. I lived for these nights, the nights where I raced and earned a little extra money for the parts I needed for my garage shop. With a drop of the flag we're off, from my peripheral vision I could see that the other contestants were keeping stride with me. That was soon going to change; with the howling wolf in my mind I rev up and speed up past them. Keeping them a good six feet ahead of them. Taking a quick left turn through the empty streets of my hometown. Speeding past the police station, the first station, and the mayors office. They wouldn't and couldn't touch me, not when they had money on me winning this race. With the flashing light of the one traffic light that this town has, I speed up. Until I could see the edge of town coming into view. Yet one of my rivals was quickly catching up, with one last spurt of speed I cross the finish line hearing a bunch of people cheering, and some groaning as they realized how much money they had lost. Skidding to a halt I take off my helmet and shove my hair out of my face.

    Lily came running out of the crowd, throwing her arms around me. Kissing me in front of everyone, bouncing against me from her excitement.

"You did it baby!" She exclaims claiming my lips as hers again.

    I grip her hips tightly in my hands, demanding dominance; the need to state my power. Without any fight she gave in, tightening her grip around my neck. Yet her scent was suddenly over powered by another's. One that made me pull away, to inhale deeper to try to detect who or what made it. My eyes scanning the crowd as Lily continued to kiss down my jaw to my throat. The scent was washing over me, something smelled like sex, oranges, and the forest. Lily takes a hold my face and captures my lips once again, distracting me from finding the scent that had my beast wanting to go hunting.

"Baby, lets take this back to my place." Lily says breathlessly taking a nip at my bottom lip.

    With a low growl I help her onto the back of my bike; despite wanting to find the one that held such a scent, deciding I already had a willing bed mate for the night. With a rev of my engine and a nod from my brother, we were on our way to her place.

..................................................................................................................

    The next morning I woke with Lily wrapped around my body like some kind of snake shifter. I struggle to get out from under her without waking her up. With a sigh of contempt for myself I gather my clothing and go to the bathroom. Turning on her shower, grab the only soap that didn't smell like a woman and used it to cleanse myself of her scent off of my  skin. Using the bar of soap to try and get her scent out of my hair. After a while of trying to remove her scent I step out and get dressed, slicking back my hair. With a tug or two I get my boots on. With the practice ease, I sneak out of Lily's place and get onto my bike. Seeing that it was just barely after noon, with  peek at my watch I could see that I was right. I was late for work and Donovan was going to give me hell for going home with Lily again. Even though I was supposed to try and distance myself. Yet it was in a moment of weakness, high on adrenaline. With  a quick stop at Mama Bowie's for a quick brunch and then I was pulling up into the side of my garage.

"Afternoon brother, I put your winnings in the safe. Also there is a cup of coffee waiting for you in your office. Along with some clean clothes that don't smell like Lily." He informs me, about to head to the car he was working on before but then he stops; "Oh and I'm not your secretary." He informs me.

I chuckle.

"Thank you brother, and you may not be a secretary but you are my beta." I remind him and he snorts.