Chapter 13: Alex

And so judgement day arrived. Before long, the time came for us to find out our new roommates. Raphael, Jasmine and I entered the academy through the gigantic, back doors, carved with symbols that I had never seen before but seemed to give off an almost protective and comforting feeling. Soon, we had reached 'The Grand Western Wing' where residence numbers and a list of roommates were flashing in gold writing, on an enormous board in the centre of the room. Unfortunately, the board was crowded and this area was particularly overflowing, due to the swarms of people. Clearly, I realised, whilst the three of us had been busy, exploring the outside of the academy, many other new students had arrived during that time. Many were different nationalities and had gathered in an enormous throng to inspect their residential fate.

I craned my neck to see if I could spot Jack standing with a group of scouts, near one of the doorways, but he was not there. Sighing in momentary disappointment, the three of us fought our way to the front of the board. All the while, my stomach was filled with butterflies.

What I saw caused me to dance.

Jasmine and I had been put together. When she realised this, we both looked at each other in delight, grinning. Then, I turned to Raphael.

He was frowning.

Sensing me looking at him, he met my concerned gaze.

"Do you know a Lucifer Taylor?" he asked me.

I shook my head.

"Sorry," I replied. "That name doesn't ring a bell."

He repeated the same question to Jasmine but her reply was also negative.

Eventually, he shrugged.

"Oh well," he said, smiling weakly. "I'm sure he's a great guy and I guess that I'll just have to try and not take his name in such a biblical way."

At hearing this remark, Jasmine and I laughed, before we once again fought our way through the crowd and headed towards our dorm, which was unfortunately up many stairs. For an exercise phobic like me, this was a killer.

When we reached the dividing stairwell, right at the top of the academy, we parted ways, realising that the dormitories were split into male and female.

"Well...I guess that we'll see each other at dinner?" Raphael asked, grinning before adding: "that's if I'm still alive by then."

Once again, Jasmine and I laughed.

"Jazz and I wish you luck," I replied, smiling when I had finished chuckling. "Although I'm sure you'll be fine. At the end of the day, names aren't always associated with personalities."

He flashed me a small smile.

"I'll bear that comforting thought in mind when I first meet Lucifer," Raphael replied, grinning. "And I'll give you the low down at dinner but, for now, see you both later."

Once he had finished, Jasmine and I nodded, before we watched Raphael disappear around the corner of the stair way. Damn, that guy had a nice rear end. Then, we made our own way towards our dormitory, both of us greatly looking forward to seeing what our room had to offer. 

***********
AN:

So Jasmine and Alex are happy because they are together but Raphael is apprehensive because his roommate is called Lucifer. Should he feel this way when it comes to his roommate? After all, they say never judge a book by its cover (or name I will add).