Chapter 35: Alex

When I entered the Music room with Lucifer, Jasmine looked up from our usual table and called out to me across the classroom, concern written all over her face.

"I've been so worried about you," she cried, as I made my way over to where she was sitting. "The way you suddenly got up and went earlier made me think I'd done something wrong."

I did my best to hold back my jumble of thoughts at hearing her comment and forced a weak smile.

"It wasn't to do with you at all."

I saw her breathe out a sigh of relief.

"Good," Jasmine smiled, before she continued. "Did you manage to get your Music book?" she asked me. "Was it in our dorm room?"

Now, throughout the entirety of our conversation, Lucifer had stood nearby, quietly unpacking his own equipment. After he overheard our conversation, particularly the last comment, he threw me a knowing look which I met and said: "I knew that you were lying to me earlier about someone upsetting you. The fact that you were far from the dormitories speaks volumes." Unfortunately, Jasmine spotted our exchanged glances and put two and two together, but in a different way than was intended.

"Oooo...Lucifer seems to be quite smitten with you," she giggled, throwing me an intrigued glance. "I saw you two come in earlier together, but never twigged something might be going on. Go on," she added, "spill the juicy beans."

I blushed, after she had spoken, which only confirmed her suspicions. In a small, muted voice, I told her about the Halloween Ball. However, I decided not to tell her anything else about Lucifer's disclosures, because I wanted him to reveal all to her (and hopefully others) in his own time.

"It's nothing really," I replied, muttering in a hushed voice so not to embarrass Lucifer. "Lucifer only asked me to be his date to the Halloween Ball."

Jasmine's squawk of delight obliterated my intentions, for I saw Lucifer's cheeks begin to go pink, as he realised what had been said.

"Aww Alex," she giggled excitedly. "That's wonderfully cute. Now the four of us can go as a double date."

I didn't answer her, to save Lucifer and me from further embarrassment. Throughout the entirety of the lesson, Lucifer and I did our best to ignore each other, for fear of experiencing more of Jasmine's unbelievably loud, humiliating giggles. I also didn't want to anger Miss Crotchet, who had already given Jasmine and I a warning about gossiping in her lesson.

When the bell went, signifying the time for our final lesson, Lucifer and I kept a large distance between us, as the two of us left the classroom, with Jasmine following shortly behind.

"I'll see you later," I told her as I headed off to Power Control, watching Lucifer leave through the corner of my eye. "Good luck with your History test." She nodded, her tight, curly hair bouncing up and down, before shooting me a grateful smile.

"Thanks," she called back. "I'll need it."

Then, we parted ways, walking off in different directions.

***********
AN:

Well Lucifer definitely suspects something and Jasmine is still oblivious to everything going on bless her. At least Alex is talking to her and Lucifer seems pleased with Alex's acceptance.