Chapter 1 ~ A Story Begins

(Y/N)'s POV

I screamed as the sword went through the side of my torso. I instantly felt the blood trickling down my side and soaking my shirt. I looked behind me to find my attackers gone. I continued to run, until a wall of a village came into view. I fell to the floor, the pain overwhelming my system. "Help..." Then I blacked out.

Laurance's POV

"Help..." I heard a faint voice say.

"Garroth, did you hear that?" he nodded. I looked over the wall. I saw a girl lying on the ground in a pool of blood. I quickly went outside the gates, and went to the girl. I picked her up bridal style and took her to the new guard tower. Garroth followed close behind, and Dante followed as well. I gently laid her down on the floor and she started to wake up.

(Y/N)'s POV

I began to wake up. As my eyelids fluttered open, I saw three guys looking at me. I freaked out at first, and quickly sat up.

"Hey, calm down," one of them said. He had light brown hair and dreamy, baby blue eyes. Wait, dreamy? Gosh, I must've lost a lot of blood to be thinking that now. I tried to relax.

"What's your name?" he asked me. I didn't want to tell them my name. For all I know, they could be the ones that attacked me.

"I uh, um... I am-" My eyes darted around the room. Think of something, fast! "I am, uh- Oakia, uh- Mo'Reave?" Really? That was the best I could come up with? My Irene (Y/N), you're so stupid!

Laurance's POV

Wow, was that the best she could come up with? I gave her the 'really?' face.

"You're not gonna buy that, are you?" she said. I shook my head 'no.' She sighed.

"My name is (Y/N)," she said. Now that wasn't a lie.

"I'm Laurance," I said. "And that's Dante and Garroth."

"It's nice to meet you guys," she replied. She was about to stand, when she fell back on the floor. Oh, right! The stab in her side.

(Y/N)'s POV

I tried to stand, but I fell back on the floor. My side started to hurt again. I reached for my bag, and pulled out a clear red potion. I drank it quickly, and my side was healed. I stood up, and the guys were shocked.

"H-how d-did y-you do that?" Garroth asked.

"I collect stuff as I travel. That was just a healing potion," I said. "Now, where's your lord?"

I saw the boys exchange looks.

"One second please," Dante said.

Laurance's POV

"One second please," Dante said. We huddled up.

"Should we tell Lord Aphmau? I mean, we could have O'khasis invade like in a few days. This girl seems legit, I just don't want Aphmau to say she can't stay," I said. We all agreed. I turned to her.

"So, we have decided to let you stay in the village," I said to her.

"Is one of you the Lord or something?"

"Well, not exactly. Our lord is kinda busy right now, and we might be under attack soon, so we want you to stay in this village, but you just can't really be seen by anyone else," Dante said. Wow.

"Okay!" she said.

"Wait, what?" Garroth said in disbelief.

"Can I be a guard too? I want to be a cool, like in secret protector of this land, whose only friends are the people who saved her from death!"

"Uh, okay?" This girl is adorable.

~~~

566 words

Hi people who happened to stumble across this book! This book originally had me as the main character, but I thought I could make it a Laurance X Reader instead! I promise the chapters will be longer in the future, but until next time! Bai!~