Chapter 4 ~ To Meteli

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up and saw all the boys in a dog pile asleep. I sat up and went to the window. Lady Katelyn's ship is still there, which I don't like at all. I just sat there thinking, until I felt an arm around my shoulders. I freaked out at first, then I realized it was Laurance.

"Hey, do you want to come with me on patrol today?"

"Yeah..."

"Is something on your mind?"

"I just have this weird feeling, like something unusual is going to happen today..."

"Hey, I don't like Lady Katelyn's ship being here either. But, let's just go on patrol to try to get our mind off this, just for a bit."

"Okay," I replied. Then, we heard someone coming up the ladder. I hid in the tree outside the window, which has become a usual hiding spot for me now. It turns out, Brian was coming up the ladder.

"Laurance, Cadenza has summoned Lord Aphmau. You may want to see what's going on," he said.

"Okay," Laurance replied. Once Brian left, I came back into the room and Garroth had woken up. I looked at Laurance and gave him a small nod, telling him to see what was wrong. He understood and left. After a few minutes, we heard yelling.

"Garroth, go see what's going on. I'll hide in the trees."

"Right," he replied, and he rushed down the ladder. I climbed into the tree, and tried to listen to the conversation. I saw Laurance run off, and I followed closely in the trees. I saw him come to the end of the road, where I came out from hiding.

"Hey," I said. He didn't respond, though I could see the sadness in his baby blue eyes. "Wanna talk about it?" I asked. He gave a small nod and told me everything. I was shocked. "Laurance..."

"I have to avenge Hayden. He was a great person and shouldn't have had to suffer this fate."

"I'm coming with you."

"What?"

"I'm coming with you, to Meteli. I want to help with this."

"(Y/N), no it's too dangerous. If I lost you I-"

"Laurance, when have you known me not to want to go on adventures. There is nothing you could say to make me not go with you." He sighed in defeat.

"Ugh, fine. Just go ahead and I'll meet you there. I have to help my lord stay on the right path."

"Got it." I headed to Meteli. Once the village came into view, I climbed into the trees surrounding the area and waited for Laurance. The lord and him chose a place to stay in, and I slept on the roof. As it started to rain, I moved under the tree and went to sleep. When I woke up, which was very early in the morning, I saw Laurance leaving the house.

"Hey Laurance."

"So that's where you slept?"

"Yeah, it wasn't that bad."

"That's good I guess," he said with a very, very small smile.

"Hey, I wanted to tell you I have an old friend that lives here that I wanted to visit. I just wanted to tell you where I'll be." I said, trying to smile.

"Okay, just stay out of trouble. I trust know I can trust you, just because I know where you were when... that... happened... But I can't really trust anyone else so please, just don't die."

"I won't. Don't worry, I'll be fine!" I said. I smiled at him and left. I kept wondering about whether he would remember me or not. It's been a long time since I've seen him, after all.

~~~

584 words