Chapter 3 ~ Upgrades

(Y/N)'s POV

Being the awesome guard I am, I sleep with one eye open, and I swear I saw Laurance attempt to come into my room, and then left. I followed him to the window.

"Hey," I said sleepily.

"Hi," he said.

"Why did you try to come into my room?" I asked.

"Well, I was going to surprise you when you woke up, but then I remembered I taught you to sleep with one eye open," he smiled.

"You okay?"

"I guess I'm just worried. I don't want anything to happen to this village. This is my home."

"I know. Don't worry, no matter what, we'll always protect this village," I said. I laid my head on his shoulder, and he put his arm around my waist.

"Thanks, (Y/N)."

"No problem."

"Hey guys, I- am I interrupting something?" Dante said. Laurance and I quickly moved away from each other and blushed.

"No! Nononono! What's up?" I asked.

"Well, I was going to see if (Y/N) was on patrol or not, but apparently she was a bit caught up..."

"I-I'll go on patrol right now! Heh..." I ran out of the tower to go on patrol.

Laurance's POV

"So Laurance, when did you a (Y/N) become a thing?" Dante asked, smirking.

"Nononono! We're not a thing," I said. I mean, I wouldn't mind if we were a thing... NO! Shut up brain! She probably just wants to be friends.

"Whatever you say," he said. Then Garroth came.

"Hey guys! Where's (Y/N)?" he asked.

"She went on patrol after her and Laurance-" I slapped my and over Dante's mouth.

"Okay...?" Then Aphmau came up the ladder. She dropped off new sets of guard armor that were apparently from Katelyn. The guys went downstairs to put the new armor on. My has a green cape, cool! As I looked through the bag for my helmet, I noticed another set of armor with a light (F/C) cape. Most likely for (Y/N). I set it aside and went back upstairs to show Aphmau the new armor. After, Dante went with Aphmau to go to Kawaii~Chan's house. Then (Y/N) came in through the window.

(Y/N)'s POV

I came in through the window 'cause I felt like it.

"(Y/N)! I think Laurance has gone insane!" Garroth said.

"What happened?"

"He fought over a table's love with our lord! A TABLE!" I looked at Laurance who shrugged. I put my hand on my chest for dramatic effect.

"Laurance! How dare you flirt with my Table~Senpai!"

"You guys are all crazy," Garroth said.

"(Y/N)! Were you already in a relationship with my table!"

"Oh no! I think the table was cheating on me!"

"It is my table and only my table, (Y/N)!" he said. I sat on the table and crossed my arms. "My table!" He smirked. "Oh no," I said. He started to tickle me.

"Stahp! Please!" I pleaded between laughs. Then Dante came up the ladder. Laurance stopped ticking me and I punched him in the arm.

"Where were you?" I asked him.

"At Kawaii~Chan's," he said.

"OOoOOOOooooOO~!" Laurance and I said at the same time.

"Shut it, lovebirds! You're the ones acting like an adorable couple!" We both blushed.

"Anyways, what do you think of the new armor sets?" Dante asked.

"I was going to say, they look great! I'm jealous you guys!"

"You get an armor set too!"

"Cool!"

"It's hanging up downstairs."

"Thanks!"

I went down the ladder to the second floor. I saw my set of armor hanging up. I changed out of my clothes into the armor. I went to go zip it up, but the zipper got stuck. I went upstairs.

"Can one of you help me zip this up?" I asked.

"I can do it," Laurance said. I moved my hair out of the way and he zipped it up. I moved my hair back and smiled. I put my helmet on and did a Garroth impersonation.

"Hi I'm Garroth, and I wear a helmet to hide my face because I'm an O'khasis prince! It doesn't help much because everyone knows who I am because of my armor design and I can't get away from it!" We all laughed. I took off the helmet.

"Do you guy want to get some drinks?" Dante asked.

"Sure!" I replied.

"Why?" Garroth asked.

"Because, we have new armor to show off! Come on it'll be fun, we hardly get out anyways," Laurance said.

"But what about (Y/N)?"

"That's not a problem. Everyone at the tavern gets drunk and forgets everyone they saw that day," Dante said.

"Okay, fine. I'll go tell Brian to keep watch," Garroth said, as he turned to the ladder. After he was done, we all went to the tavern. We sat in a booth and a waitress came and took our orders.

"Four root-beers please," I said, ordering for all of us. We all talked and laughed. With the dancing music playing in the background, Laurance got up and offered his hand.

"May I have this dance, Lady (Y/N)?"

I smiled and took his hand. We danced the night away. Before we left, I stole a pouch of money from Garroth and gave it to our waitress for our drinks. Then we went back to the guard tower. Nothing could ruin this perfect day.

~~~

832 words