Chapter 2 ~ Lady Katelyn

~A Few Months Later~

(Y/N)'s POV

"Hurry up you guys! You guys are so slow!" I yelled to them as we ran to the guard tower.

"Sorry that we don't have as much time as you to practice running all the time!" Dante yelled at me from behind. I looked back and snickered. I touched the door of the guard tower.

"I win again! Haha suckers!"

"Yeah, yeah," Laurance said in defeat. We climbed the ladder to the top of the tower. I looked out the window and froze.

"(Y/N), is something wrong?" Laurance asked, as he walked to me. He saw the giant ship.

"We need to go, now!" I said. We all went to the docks. I saw a woman with powder blue hair coming ashore. Oh no.

"Laurance, go tell your lord about this now!" I said.

"Why?"

"Because, that person coming ashore is a member of the Jury of Nine! Now hurry!" he took off running to the lord's house.

"(Y/N), hide," Garroth said. I nodded and hid in a nearby tree. When they started to head to the lord's house, I followed, being careful not to be seen. After a few minutes, Lady Katelyn left with her guards and I came out of hiding.

"Guys, this is weird."

"Don't have to tell me twice," Laurance said.

"We just need to keep an eye on her," Garroth said. We all nodded. I saw the lord start to come out the door and I hid in a purple tree. Man, this girl likes purple a LOT. I started to go to the guard tower when I was stopped by Lady Katelyn. I tried to avoid her.

"Stop!" She said. I came to a stop and slowly turned around.

"I saw you with the other guards when I first arrived. Are you a guard?"

"Y-yes, Lady Katelyn."

"May I ask why you are in hiding?" How did she know that?

"Yes, I came at a bad time and I was injured. The other guards allowed me to stay here, but I can't really be seen by any of the other villagers. With that said, I beg of you, Lady Katelyn, to please tell no one of you seeing me here or of knowing me at all."

"Of course. Also, I apologise if I startled you with my question. I know you are in hiding because you are on the waiting list for the Jury of Nine. Current members are well acquainted with anyone on this list. But don't worry, your secret of you hiding here is safe with me."

"Thank you," I said, and I ran to the guard tower. I sat at the window, letting the cool wind blow through my hair. Then, I heard a female voice coming from the floor below. I quickly went to the window opposite of me and jumped out the window. Lucky for me, a tree was right outside and I hid myself in its leaves. Once she left, I climbed back in. I heard the guys coming up the ladder.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey (Y/N)!" Dante said. I hesitated to say anything. What if they kicked me out of the village? No, they wouldn't do that... Would they?

"Hey, (Y/N), are you feeling okay?" Laurance asked. I sighed. How dare you look past my walls, Laurance!

"I have to tell you guys something," I said, cautiously.

"What is it?" Garroth asked.

"Well, ugh... On my way back to the guard tower, Lady Katelyn saw me, and now she knows I'm here..."

"What?!"

"She said she wouldn't tell the lord, but I'm just suspicious that's all..."

"Something is definitely up. We just need to keep an eye on her and look for any suspicious activity."

"Right."

~~~

595 words

A Secret Guard (Laurance X Reader Edition!)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें