Chapter 8 ~ Kiki and Leona

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up the next day and sat at the window like normal.

"Hey (Y/N)," I heard Garroth say.

"Hi Garroth," I replied. with no emotion.

"You got morning patrol."

"I'll be there in a minute."

"Hey, are you okay? You're wearing your helm."

"Yeah, I just need some time to think I guess. I should get going," I said, walking to the ladder. I left the guard tower to go on patrol. I saw the progress of the wall being made, and it looks pretty good. I continued to walk around the village in the shadows, careful not to be seen. I kept having these faint voices in my head that would mumble things I couldn't understand. I just continued to walk around, looking for suspicious activity. Being around in the quiet of nature just allows me to think. I soon came to the docks and sat near a tree to look at the beautiful sunset. Now that my shift was over, I decided to take a nap.

~Timeskip of DETERMINATION!~

"(Y/N), wake up!~" I heard a voice say. I knew who it was right away.

"Laurance, just like five more minutes," I said.

"(Y/N), there's a light coming from Kiki's barn, come on!" He said, helping me up. We ran to Kiki's barn. I stood in a hiding place until Lord Aphmau went upstairs. We stood together.

"Garroth! I want to see the baby!" I whisper pleaded to Garroth.

"(Y/N), you can't right now. Just wait and I'm sure you'll see the baby eventually," he said in return. I crossed my arms and made a pouty face. I heard someone coming back down the ladder and I went back in my hiding spot. Once the lord left, I came out again.

"Can we go see the baby now?" I asked.

"(Y/N), we've been thinking, like ever since the whole pendant ordeal started and we think you should watch over Kiki and the new baby. We're worried that they might be in danger and you being you, we think you should watch over them," Dante said. My eyes lit up.

"Really!" I squealed. Laurance smiled at me.

"They're all yours, (N/N)," Laurance said, winking.

"Don't call me that. Now, let's go see the baby!" I said, beaming. Garroth started up the ladder. Then, Dante and Laurance and finally me. When we reach the top, I saw Kiki holding her swaddled baby. She looked at us curiously.

"Kiki, we want to introduce you to (Y/N). She's a guard here but we prefer to keep her identity unknown. Not even Lord Aphmau knows about her," Garroth said.

"It's very nice to meet you, (Y/N)," she said.

"You too," I replied.

"The reason why we wanted to introduce you is because she will be taking care of you and your baby and watching over you. With the whole pendant thing, we want to make sure you're safe. We know you just met (Y/N), but we can assure you she will take good care of you," Laurance said.

"I trust her," Kiki said. I smiled. "Do you want to hold her, (Y/N)?" she asked me. I walked over to her and she handed me the baby.

"What's her name?" I asked, admiring the adorable little baby.

"Leona," she said.

"Hi little Leona," I said to the little baby. I saw a small smile appear on her face. The guys surrounded me, trying to get a good look at the baby.

"Congratulations, Kiki," Garroth said. I gently handed Leona back to Kiki. We said our goodbyes, and we left. We walked back to the guard tower and went to sleep.

~~~

518 words