Chapter 7 ~ Break Me

(Y/N)'s POV

The next morning, I went with Laurance to go apologize for his actions to Hayden's guard earlier. I wasn't going to be seen, so I was just kinda there for moral support. I started to head back to Phoenix Drop. I got back and ran to the guard tower to get changed into more comfortable clothes. I went back into the forest to relax and reflect on what happened during the trip. I sat in the trees near the pathway to Meteli. What was that substance that was injected in me? I was just pretty much staring into space when I saw Laurance and the lord coming on the path. I saw Laurance stop and tried to listen to their conversation. I'm not stalking, what are you talking about? Pfft!

"Aphmau... Now that we're alone, I want to speak with you," Laurance said. What's gonna happen?

"Yes?" she replied.

"I can't talk to you about this in front of anyone," he started. Well, aren't I a savage. "May we please talk?"

"Sure," she said.

"Lord Aphmau, I love you," he started. Why do feel like my heart just got brutally ripped in half? "I'm sure you know that. Not a day goes by that I don't want you to know how I feel about you." Heart=Broken.

"Laurance, not this. I'm not interested--" she began. You just broke his heart. I don't like you Lord Aphmau.

"I know, I know... I can completely respect your wishes for that. I'm in no rush. I understand you have responsibilities to your village as well as Levin and Malachi. However... after seeing what Glenda was trying to do, I remembered that I am a Knight of the Shadows... I remember that you were the light in the darkness, for that I want to thank you." Shattered. Officially shattered.

"Where are you going with this?" the lord asked. Wow, this is the girl he fell for?

"Even if you don't end up with me... if I lose you to someone else... Please... don't leave me? I just want you in my life, even if you are a star I'll never be able to help shine." Wow, you just love to break me, don't you?

"You'll always be by my side, no matter what," she responded.

"Thank you," he said. He hugged her. Well, I'm gonna go die in a corner now. I quietly walked back to the guard tower and sat at the window. That moment just kept replaying in my mind. I felt a warm tear roll down my face. I changed back into my armor and put on my helmet. Now no one can see my emotions. Good.

~~~

447 words