Chapter 5 ~ An Old Friend

(Y/N)'s POV

I walked the path, leading to the bridge to his house. I went across, and knocked on his door. He opened it.

"Oh, you! Little (Y/N)!" he said, in that very familiar voice.

"Hi! Long time, no see Castor!"

He let me in his house. It was almost the same from when I came here last. I felt a soft something rubbing against my ankle.

"Mr. Cluckington III! I missed you so much!" I picked up the small chicken and cradled it in my arms. I took a seat in his house and he came back with one of his 'mystery drinks' and some tea. I took the tea, which he made just the way I like. I smiled as I took a sip. Being like this and in this place just brought back so much memories.

~Flashback~

No POV

A three year old (Y/N) wandered in the woods, looking for a village to temporarily stay in. She heard a light pit pat on the ground, along with an occasional cluck. She walked towards the sound, and saw a baby chicken standing there lost, just like her. She slowly walked over to it and gently picked it up, feeling the soft, white feathers on her little fingers.

"Small Chicken number 37, where are you!" she heard a male voice say.

"Who's there?" (Y/N) asked. Then, a man with strange clothing popped out from behind a tree, being followed by other chickens.

"Who are you?" he asked her.

"I-I'm (Y-Y/N)," she replied. "I-Is this your chicken?"

"Oh, yes!" he said. He started to walk back in the direction from where he came from, when he stopped and looked at her. "Well, come on!" he said to her. She gave a small nod and followed. They soon came to a house and they entered. She took a seat, and the man came to the table with some tea and some other drink. He handed her the tea and she took a sip. It was delicious!

"Have you come up for a name for that chicken?" he asked.

"But isn't he your chicken?"

"He is, but he seems to like you, so you get to name him."

"Hm, how about," she started. She thought for a moment and it came to her. "How about Mr. Cluckington III!"

(Y/N)'s POV

My flashback ended when I heard I heard someone come into the house. I looked up and saw Laurance.

"Laurance? You know Castor?"

"(Y/N), your friend is Castor?"

"Little (Y/N), you know this Stupid Laurance?" I started to laugh and I quickly slapped my hand over my mouth.

"(Y/N), if you say one word to Garroth or Dante, you are dead," Laurance said, giving me the death stare. I crossed my arms.

"You can't make me do anything!" I said. Then, I realized Castor had left.

"Hey Laurance, why are you here anyways?" I asked him.

"Well, Castor is a suspect for the murder of Hayden..."

"Laurance, you realize that Castor isn't smart enough to pull of something like that, right?"

"I know, I just want to clear his name. He's my friend, and I know he didn't do it."

I leaned against the wall, thinking about what to do. I ran my fingers through my hair and Castor came back in the house. We all sat at the table.

"So Castor, where-" Laurance started.

"Oh, I need to show you guys something!" He yanked on Laurance's arm and started to run into a room. Laurance mouthed 'help me!' and I shook my head 'no.' He gave me a playful glare and before he was far away enough from me, he grabbed my hand, causing a light blush to dust my cheeks. I was dragged along with the two, until we came to Castor's potion-making place thing. The room was dark, with only the dim glimmer of the potions enchantment to light up the area. He took us to a potion that was on a brewing stand. It was a light pink shade and shone the brightest of the others.

"What potion is that?" I asked.

"A regeneration potion," he said.

"WHAT?!" I yelled.

"Can someone please explain to me what's going on?" Laurance asked. Then, we heard yelling coming from outside.

"The terrible house builder again," Castor said, sighing a bit. He shuffled out of the house, leaving me and Laurance alone.

"He didn't do it! We can clear his name!" I squealed.

"(Y/N), how can we clear his name? All he did was show us a potion," Laurance replied. My Irene Laurance, you're so stupid!

"Laurance, a regeneration potion is crazy hard to make! Not to mention the insane amount of time tending to it takes. Ask anybody who knows even knows a little about potion making and they'll agree. It's like potion making 101!"

"Then he really didn't do it! Wait, then who did...?" Castor then came back and we went back to the table. We sat down and talked about life and stuff and I found out Laurance had orangey-red hair. I'm never going to let him live that down. I looked out the window and I realized that it was night.

"Laurance, we should probably get going," I said, nudging him. He nodded and said our goodbyes to Castor.

"We should head back to Meteli," I said.

"Hey, is it okay if you go and watch Cadenza? I want to camp here to see if I can find anymore clues as to who actually did this," he said.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then?" I said smiling.

"Yeah," he replied, returning a smile. I walked back to Meteli and went back to where I stayed the night before. I heard Cadenza continuously sobbing. I felt this strange presence, a dark one at that. I normally would've slept with one eye open, but I didn't even sleep. I sat there, keeping a sharp eye out. I saw a glint of red amongst the dark night. I saw a person in blood red armor trying to sneak into the house. I dropped down from my hiding spot to face the person. I stood in battle stance. The person simply smirked at me and snapped. Out of nowhere, five more in the same armor surrounded me. They started to attack me, and I earned a few cuts and bruises. I fought as hard as I could. I finished a few off and one came up behind me and threw me to the ground. The person from before stood over me with a syringe in its hand. The person plunged the needle into my arm, allowing a small yelp to escape from my lips. I could feel whatever was in the syringe pouring into my system and I blacked out.

~~~

1087 words

Whoop! Whoop! Long chapter today!