Part 4 Deepening

The princess grabbed the knights hands. “You must fight for your ideals. I'll stand back and watch”

Thanks,” The knight replied sarcastically, “I really needed someone to...watch.”

“So what is the problem?” Kazuki asked. Juggling a few apples. Ayla was still unsure where he kept on finding those things.

She answered honestly, “I can't even get in contact with them.”

Kazuki set a few of the apples down, taking great care to not damage them. “Sounds like an excuse to me.”

“How is that an excuse?” She yelled. Kicking one of the apples at him.

He laughed as he caught it easily in his right hand. “Its a excuse because you can contact them. You just can't contact them normally.”

She shoved her phone in his face. Emphasizing the number of times she had tried to call her parents. All of which ended in failure. “See,” She said, “Even when I do call, if my number shows up on caller ID they just won't answer.”

“Is that your only problem?” He smiled, “I can fix that.”

He snatched the phone away from her and quickly started to climb the tree, before Ayla could snatch her phone back. Ayla tried to follow but was hampered by flying apples. Seriously, She thought, Where is he finding these things?

“Just confirming something, “ He said, “The secretaries don't put you through to your parents when your calls are answered?”

Ayla nodded.

He climbed farther up the tree, distancing himself. A light smile raised on the edge of his lips.

Ayla waited impatiently, walking around in circles. Not only did she not know what he was doing. He was using her cellphone while doing it.

Kazuki didn't seem so keen on the idea of filling her in. Finding more pleasure in keeping her in the dark.

He made sure to keep his voice low when he spoke on the phone. Just low enough to tickle the edge of Ayla's senses. She could have sworn he was doing it on purpose. She would have been right.

Another apple fell to Ayla's feet.

“Eat it while you wait,” Kazuki said, speaking loud enough to be heard. Then quickly switched back to the quieter voice as he started to use her phone again.

Finally after a few minutes had past, he nimbly climbed back down the tree, Handing her the cellphone.

She snatched it back.

He looked quite pleased with himself, “It's done.”

“What is?” She asked, half hoping to be wrong.

He took a bite out of another apple, making sure to swallow properly before speaking, “Your parents, Your parents will be coming.”

Ayla stared at him dumbstruck, “How?”

Instead of replying he just started to laugh.

After digesting the news, something finally clicked, “Wait, where are they going to?”

“Oh, “ He sighed, “Here of course. I can't watch otherwise.”

Ayla started to panic. “Wait, Here?” She screamed.

“Yup, here, Beneath this willow. In a few minutes.”

“Are you insane!”

“Your the one who needed to speak with them. I'm merely supplying the chance.”

Her phone started to ring. It still used the default ringtone it had since she first got it. She shyly picked up the phone.

Her brothers voice came through loud and clear, a bit too clear, “AYLA!”

She held the phone farther from her face. The audio tended to be somewhat piercing when her brother was on the phone. He was too loud and the speaker too weak, so they compromised with something akin to a shriek.

“Ayla.” He continued, “Where are you?”

She couldn't get herself to reply properly, managing a faint, “Why?” instead.

Fray's voice didn't weaken, as he continued to scream what he was saying, “Mom and Dad are looking for you. I mean really looking for you. Its really serious.”

She felt numb. What did Kazuki do? “What happened?”

“What do you mean what happened, Sis, Your the one who did it.”

Ayla gripped the cellphone harder, a feeling of annoyance rising up within her, “Fray, I'm asking because I don't know. So just tell me already.”

“...” He remained silent on his end.

“Fray?..” She asked vexed.

Fray's voice barely reached the receiver, Ayla had the move the phone right back up against her ear to hear him properly, “They think you have a boyfriend.”

“Wait. What?” She replied shocked.

Fray still continued unobstructed. “and that you are going to deepen your relationship with each other beneath that willow tree tonight.”

“Wait. WHAT?”

She turned to face Kazuki, without even hanging up the phone. “What the hell did you do. Who has a boyfriend, Who's going to deepen their relationship?”

He chuckled like she was stupid, “You of course.”

“Then who's my boyfriend. Huh?”

“Me.”

“Since when the heck was this, I did not hear about it at all. Your are not my Boyfriend.”

He looked confused, “But were friends. And I'm a guy. Doesn't that mean I am a boy friend?”

She looked at him distrustfully. Could he seriously not know what a boyfriend is?

He tilted his head quizzically to the side.

“And the deepening of the relationship part?” She asked reconfirming her suspicions.

“You become better friends the more time you spend together. So in fact we are always deepening our relationship.

“Kazuki, “ She sighed.

“Yes?”

“Your an Idiot. “