Part 23 Wake

Fray hoisted Kazuki on to their couch. After having having to carry him from the subway station, onto the subway, and to their house, he collapsed on the chair.

He gave a thumbs up to his sister, leaning forward and staring at the collapsed man, and the worried girl.

Ayla's face heated up, “Fray, go in the next room. Please!”

He smiled gently, “Nope. I was forced to carry him here. I at least get to see this scene.”

“Fray, please.” She pleaded.

He took a second to reply again. “Sis, If I leave this room. You might do something suspicious to him. I'm only watching to make sure you don't go overboard.”

The glare she gave him could have sent a army in retreat.

He conceded his defeat unwilling to go against his sisters anger. “Alright, Alright. I'll go.”

He left the room slowly, if only to drive her embarrassment further. Before heading up the stairs into his own room next to hers. The door staying slightly ajar. Just big enough for someone to spy down the stairs and into the living room.

Fray!” She yelled. He closed his door.

It was finally just the two of them. She had called fray to move Kazuki here, after their phone call. Because she had a hard time trying to ki- ki- wake up Kazuki in a public place. She had fray bring him back home.

Why did she have to do this? What was to say it would even work? This was her first kiss. If this was his wouldn't that mean they would share two dates in common?

She blushed, shaking off a vaguely irrational thought.

His breathing was still rough, and Ayla had to fight of the will to call an ambulance. She did not want Kazuki to be brought back to his 'families' house. Plus, If what Zachariah had told her was true, then this is something that should fade away naturally.

She looked at Kazuki's lips, and gently touched her own. Her pulse becoming oddly rhythmic. Occupying her thoughts.

Thump

She leaned closer to him, her facing burning red.

Thump

His eyes were closed, and although his face was pained, he still carried a essence of purity she had only ever seen in one other place. The willow tree.

Thump

Their lips touched, a soft sensation spreading between them. Aylas eyes were tightly shut, unable to bring her self to open them.

Thump Thump

Their hearts beats were interconnected, the pulsing of the couple one and the same. A sensation of bliss and embarrassment making it hard for her to pull away.

Thump

She pulled away slowly savoring the feeling on her lips. Opening her eyes slowly, gazing at the still sleeping Kazuki's face.

She turned away from him, looking down towards the ground.

“That didn't count, alright?” she whispered mostly to herself, “Next time you should be the one to do it to me.”

A weak voice responded to her, “Count? Do what?” At a unknown time Kazuki's had awoken. His dark brown hair stuck to his brow. A light smile contrasted against his currently pale frame.

Ayla wasn't sure if he did it on purpose, or if he had been awake during that kiss. But he lightly touched his own lips with his finger, as if trying to track down the cause of a unknown sensation.

Her own blush deepened further. “Nothing!” She stammered, “Rushing off to the kitchen to get some water.

He stared blankly. His baring of the world still lost. Unaware of anything besides being together with a friend.

He turned to face the pond next to the willow tree. But having fond no pond, nor any tree. He slowly grasped his surroundings. Gazing at the walls around him. The walls that carried a sense of light around them. Pictures of two smiling kids littered the walls.

He got up to examine them more closely, specifically for a photo that had caught his eye.

A cold sensation hi cheek caused him to lightly jump, and he turned to face Ayla, who's cheeks were oddly burnt red, holding up a glass of water for him. As he graciously accepted aware only now that his throat was dry, Ayla turned towards the photograph as well.

A light heartwarming smile rose up on her lips as she examined the photo. “This was the first time my family had gotten a group photo. Me, My dad, My mum, and fray.” She pointed to the little baby in the mothers arms, “He was so much cuter then.”

Kazuki glanced towards the one man in the photo. Well shaved, a natural smile of someone who was truly happy, and the eyes of someone truly content.

Kazuki bowed lightly in order to hide his tears, whispering the words only he could hear, “Thank you for all you've done.”

“What was that?” Ayla asked, sipping her own water.

His reply was short, and carried his normal cheer, “Nothing.”

He took another glance around the room, piecing together the last of the forgotten information. “I'm so sorry. Because of me, our date was ruined. Today must have been horrible.

She blushed. It hadn't all been bad.

“Your right.” She replied, “Because you messed this date up. You better make it up to me, by taking me on another one next weekend.”

He cocked his head to the side, confused. “Okay?”

“Next time though, “ She said, “Lets stay at the willow tree.”