Chapter 21

I stood there frozen in place. It felt like my legs were being held down by 100 pound weights. Why couldn't you have gotten smart with someone else? It just had to be the king. 

"Well are you going to just stand there gawking at me or are you going to bring my plate here?" the king said smirking at me. 

It's now or never Rose. I started to walk towards him and kept my head down to avoid eye contact. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I looked up to see I was halfway there. OK Rose, you're almost there. 

I saw his shoes and I knew that I made it. I sat his plate down and started to walk away. "Is that how you are supposed to address your king when you leave." I looked up to see him smirking at me still.

 I walked back over and curtsied saying," I apologize your highness, I just didn't think you would pay attention to my leaving because I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be worried about your plate. I mean you were whining about it before I got over here,"  I said smiling and got up from my curtsy. The smirk fell off his face and the only think left was shock.

I laughed internally. I curtsied again," I hope you enjoy your meal, your majesty," I said then walked away. As I was walking, I could hear all the people at the table murmuring about what I said. "I can't believe she just got smart with the king like that," one of them whispered. 

"If I were him I would grab her by her hair and demand her to show me respect," some old man said. I rolled my eyes and made my way back into the kitchen. 

All the girls huddled around me." I can't believe you just did that. You should have saw his face when you walked away. He looked like he wanted to have his way with you and kill you at the same time," some girl said. I felt my stomach flutter when she said that. 

The girl that showed me around from earlier pulled away from the group of girls and over to a corner. "That was so stupid of you. Do you know what you just did." I shook my head no," The only thing I did was get smart with him." 

She shook her head in disbelief," Yeah, I know that. But not only did you get smart with him you got smart with him in front of other people. Do you know how disrespectful that is to do that to a king. He could have you killed."

My eyes got wide," Well, I didn't think about that," I whispered. "But I couldn't help it I just wanted to knock that stupid smirk off of his face. I didn't think." 

"I can tell you didn't think. A word of advice, sleep with one eye open." I nodded my head in fear. "Now let's go it's time to serve the desserts." She started to walk away," Wait what's your name I'm kind of tired of calling you 'the girl' in my head." She laughed and said," It's Maya, now come on." 

We went and got some trays and entered the dining room. When I entered everyone got quiet. I looked around to see everyone was looking at me, including the king. I cleared my throat and started to pass out the desserts on my tray. 

I went back into the kitchen and saw that there was only one tray left and it was the one with the king's dessert on it. Yeah, I'm not messing with him again. 

The girl that talked to me when we were in the huddle walked in. "Hey there's still one tray left," I told her. "Why haven't you taken then, if you know it's there?" she asked. "It's the king's plate and I really don't want a repeat of earlier with him, so if you co-."

 Before I could even finish my sentence she had already taken the tray and dashed back into the dining room. Well that wasn't hard. I sat down at one of the bar stools in the kitchen and laid my head down on the counter.

 Today has been a long day. I heard the doors open and Maya rushed in. I noticed she was holding the king's tray now instead of the other girl. 

"Rose he's asking for you to come and give him his dessert." " Wait what happened to the other girl that was going to give it to him?"

 "Well, once he saw that she had his plate in her hand instead of you, he went off on her. She cried, dropped the tray, and ran out of the room. I picked up the tray and he told me to come and get you."

"Wait, he knows my name?" I asked. "No, he just said," Go get the long-haired girl with the smart mouth," now come on. We're wasting time." I got up and walked towards her. I grabbed the tray and stared at it.

"Don't have all day, hun," Maya said. I took a deep breath and opened the doors. Everyone was looking at me once again. Well, here goes nothing. 

I started walking towards the king, but this time I had my head up. I didn't look at the king though. I don't have that much confidence.

 I was staring at the crown at the top of his head. It was beautiful. Gold with many jewels decorated on it. I bet that cost billions and billions of dollars. 

I was so focused on his crown that I didn't even realize that I was standing right in front of him. I put his plate on the table. "Your highness," I said and curtsied. Before I could get fully up, he grabbed me and pulled me towards him and gripped my arm.

"If you ever, and I mean ever disrespect like you did earlier, I will bend you over and spank you in front of everyone. I should have punished for earlier in the hallway but I figured you that you didn't know who I was, so I let you off easy.

 But then you decided to get smart with me in front of everyone, bad choice. I should really just have my way with you now, but I'm going to be nice. But try me again, and see what happens. Have I made myself clear?"

I nodded my head quickly. He gripped my arm tighter," I'm sorry I didn't understand that. Have I made myself clear?" "Yes sir," I said. "Good girl now stand there until I'm finished." He pushed me away from him. 

I stumbled a little bit but I held my composure. When I looked up I saw that everyone was looking at us. "I mean damn they don't have anything better to do than stare. I mean boo bitches." I rolled my eyes.

I noticed that everyone glared at me, well except Maya who just stood against the wall and laughed at me. Oops, I guess I said that out loud. 

"Yea, you did," I turned to look at the king who was looking at me with amusement in his eyes.He turned to face everyone, "But she has a point. Boo," he turned and winked at me," Bitches." 

I felt my face go red. I really need to pay attention to what I think. 

.........................................................................

*crown in media