Chapter 31

I woke up to feel Cain gently brushing hair out of my face. I kept my eyes closed, loving the feeling of his fingers skimming across my face. His hands started to wander down my face and to my neck. 

Probably tracing over the marks he left last night. His hand started to travel lower down my body until they almost reached their destination, and that's when I reached and grabbed his arm but kept my eyes closed.

"I knew you were awake," Cain laughed before I felt him remove his hand. I turned my back to him and snuggled with the pillow beside me. "Let me sleep. You wore me out last night, then again this morning. In case you forgot, I am human and I need all the sleep I can get or I will get cranky." 

Cain laughed and started to kiss my back," I thought you were always cranky."

I gasped and turned to face him, seeing a smug look on his face. I flicked his nose and got up from the bed and headed into the bathroom, locking the door. I got into the shower and washed away last night.

I could hear Cain shuffling outside the door, probably getting dressed. 

I have to quit doubting Cain's intentions but I can't help to. Jahaan is dead and it's all because of me and my stupidity.  

I started to cry silently and slid down onto the shower floor.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and sat. Letting the now fairly cold water run down on me.

I heard a knock on the door, "Rose? Are you ok? You've been in there a long time. You didn't drown did you?" I heard Cain say through the door.

I wiped my face and stood up.

"No. I'm fine. It's just the water is really relaxing. I'll be out soon," I answered back.

"Ok. I set some clothes out for you on the bed. I'm going to go get you something to eat and then I'll be right back." I heard him walk away from the door and then the hotel door close.

I sighed and laid my head against the shower wall. I should get out. I finished showering and went to look in the mirror. As I expected, my eyes were red from all the crying I just did. Ugh.

I walked out the bathroom, lotioned up, and put on the clothes Cain laid out for me. I'm not surprised that he set out the perfect outfit for today. I put on some sunglasses so that Cain couldn't see that I had been crying. 

I heard a knock at the door and went to answer it, knowing it was Cain. Sure enough it was him and he was holding a brown bag that I figured was my breakfast. 

"Is it ok if you eat this while we head back. I don't trust Ian alone in my castle anymore, now that I know about what he's done," Cain asked.

I shook my head," No I don't mind." I went and grabbed my bag from by the bed and headed to the door. I was about to walk out when Cain grabbed my arm. 

"Are you sure you're ok Rose," he asked softly and tried to read my eyes through my sunglasses. 

"Yes I'm fine."

He nodded and let go of my arm. "Ok let's go." I closed the hotel door and followed Cain down to his car and got in. He started the car and drove out of the parking lot. I wasn't in the mood to eat, so I just laid my head against the window. I could feel him sneaking glances at me but I tried to ignore him.

"So what's your plan in dealing with Ian?" I finally asked. 

"He's going to be put on trial and then we'll see how it goes from there."

"WHAT! What do you mean he's going to be put on trial. Do you know how long that will take? What if they don't find him guilty? Then what? Huh?" I yelled at Cain.

He started to laugh.

"What's funny," I asked annoyed.

"You really think that he's going to get a trial. He's not. As soon as we get home, he's being put into the dungeon. I'm not taking any chances with him, he's lucky he's been alive for this long. 

He's a disgrace to the family and to our entire race. There are rules and when you break them, you have to face the consequences," he tightened his hands on the wheel,"And I'd hate to be him when I'm through."

I nodded my head and leaned back in my seat," Do I even want to know what you're going to do?"

We pulled up to a red light and he turned to look at me dead in the eyes," Do you want to have nightmares?" I shook my head. 

The light changed,"Then you don't want to know," he said and started driving. 

...........................................................

We finally pulled up to the castle. He pressed some button on his visor and the gate opened. There was guards standing on either side of the gate holding guns. 

Where were they when I left?

"I upped the security, if you were wondering. Now if you try to leave me, you'll barely have a chance," we pulled into the garage and he parked," but you'll NEVER leave me again so it doesn't really matter," he growled out.

He got out the car and came over to my side, opening the door. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out. "Let's go." We walked into the castle and he brought me to his wing. 

"Um Cain you can let me go now. I got to go to my room and unpack," I said trying to pull my hand from his.

"Ok," he said not letting go off my arm. We entered his room and he grabbed my bag from off my arm, taking it into his closet.

 "Where are you taking my stuff Cain?" I said walking after him. I entered his closet to see a whole side full of women's clothes. I checked the sizes on a couple of things to see that they were my size. 

"What's this," I asked Cain while he was unpacking our things.

He turned to look at me,"What's what?"

 I motioned to the clothes beside me,"This?" 

"Clothes Rose you do know what those are right?" 

I rolled my eyes at him and exited the closet. I didn't feel like arguing right now. He came out of the closet and sat down on the bed beside me. He pulled out his phone and started texting somebody. "Who you texting?" I asked.

"You'll find out I told the person to meet us in here." I nodded my head and grabbed the remote. I turned the TV on and saw that Family Guy was on so I left the channel alone. "Of course you like this show," I heard Cain say. I ignored him and just kept watching Stewie dance with Gene Kelly. 

He took the remote from me and put the TV on mute. He grabbed me by the face and pulled me towards his face. "I don't know what you're problem is. You keep questioning me and I don't appreciate it. I need you to trust me so the questions have got to stop. I also hope you're not regretting last night because WE don't. So fix your attitude before we have a repeat of last night," his lips brushed mine," and this time I won't be as gentle. Do you understand?"

I nodded my head. 

"Good, but I promise that you would enjoy it." He pulled away from me and laid back on the bed, closing his eyes. I looked at him shocked at his outburst. He peeked an eye open,"Do you have something you want to say?"

I shook my head and grabbed the remote, unmuting the TV. "Thought so," I heard him mumble.

He gives you good D one time and he's already got you whipped.

I heard him sigh," I just want you to be more open with me Rose that's all. I heard you crying in the bathroom earlier. I know you are still upset about losing your friend." he reached and grabbed my hand," if you need to talk I'm here Rose believe me. After I deal with my brother I'll give you my undivided attention. I promise."

There was a knock at the door. Cain sat up and went to open the door. "Come in," I heard him say. He moved out of the person's way and in walked the person I wanted dead. 

Ian.