Chapter 28

Recap:

When I opened the door I was met with just Cain's family sitting at the table. I saw Evelyn, Liam, Mason, Cain, and someone else in the chairs.

I walked towards them and noticed that Mason along with everyone else had already had a plate in front of him.

Wait I thought she said that this tray was for Cain's little brother.

"Ah, here's your food," Evelyn said.

The mystery man turned his head around and my eyes widened in shock and I dropped the tray in fear.

"Ian?"

............................................................................

I shook in fear. This was the man who helped ruin my life, stuck me in this castle and left my best friend to rot in a dungeon. And he's Cain's brother. How could I forget that?

Cain pushed back in his chair and headed over to me. "Rose are you OK?" he asked grabbing my face trying to make me look at him. 

But my eyes were glued to Ian who was looking at me with a smirk on his face.

He looked around and saw that everyone had their attention still on me, so he winked at me and put his finger up to his mouth telling me to shush.

Cain moved into my line of sight letting go of my face," Rose are you OK?" he asked again.

I shook my head to snap out of it," Yeah I'm fine just got startled for a second but I'm fine." He nodded his head and turned to look at Ian. "Brother, how do you know Rose?" he asked.

"I ran into her in the hallway earlier and introduced myself to her," Ian lied. Cain didn't seem to believe him," If that's the case why does she look terrified of you?" 

Ian shrugged," I just have that effect on the ladies bro. I don't know. Now Rose are you going to get me another plate?" he finished bringing his eyes over to me.

"Um," I said shuffling on my feet. 

"No," I heard Evelyn say,"she needs some rest. Go on and rest dear. We'll send for someone else."

I nodded my head,"Thank you ma'am." I turned to walk away when Cain pulled me back to him," Go get changed and meet me in my room we need to talk." I nodded and walked out the door, telling everyone good night.

I walked over to Maya and told her I was going to head to bed and she told me she'll be down later. As I was walking towards the stairs towards my room I was pushed against the wall.

It was Ian.

"Well, well, well if it isn't little ol' rose. I see that my brother has taken a liking to you, but you better not tell him anything," he said coming close to my face.

"Why shouldn't I?" I asked trying to sound confident.

He saw right through me though," Because if you don't then your little friend is going to die. Did you forget all about him rose. He hasn't stopped asking for you. 

'Where's Rose? What have you done with her?' Blah blah blah. You know all that jazz and I know that you would hate to have his death on your conscience," I heard footsteps coming down the hall," I guess I better get back." 

He stepped away from me smiling," I'll be seeing you Rose. Remember keep your mouth shut." He turned and walked back to the dining room.

When he was out of sight I ran to my room and locked the door.