Be Grateful

Dear journal,

Out of all the things I have learned this has to be the most important:

Be grateful.

You can be the sickest, poorest person on earth yet you can be happy if you’re grateful. After all when you lose something you gain something else which also works vice versa so if you gain something you lose something.

Therefore-if we go by my theory-you can never have everything. So what’s the point in trying to have everything if you can never have it? Why not be happy with what you have got?

It’s a rather simple concept. It can be hard when you try it though. It does take time to think differently as I have found but it’s worth it in the end.

What’s the phrase? Something like seeing the world with a new pair of eyes? Yeah, that thing.

Look at everything you own again with a grateful attitude. Something as basic as water, there are people who have to travel kilometres every day to quench their thirst. There are people who only have a dirty water supply which could potentially kill them. There are people literally starving, who can’t even think about luxuries or don’t even know about luxuries such as mobile phones.

With people living in such conditions what makes you think you can complain about not having the latest iphone model?

Yeah journal, don’t complain about having a previously depressed girl’s thoughts when there are wreck this journals out there.

Just know that even if you’re unfortunate there is always someone more unfortunate than you and there is no use complaining. Either change it if you can or be grateful.

Be grateful that you have something someone else doesn’t not ungrateful for not having something someone else does.